Chapter 21: Fireflies

"Open your eyes now."

Yoona slowly opened her eyes as she saw the sight in front of her. The dark night sky, filled with stars and looking so magical, but moreover, in that darkness, there was a tree. The tree was curving outwards, and beneath the tree was a huge soft blanket on the ground. Tiny light bulbs on strings were decorated on the tree and around the area of where the blanket was, lighting that small area up.

There was a small, 2 foot high ground table in the center with two cushions on opposite sides. It looked like something out of a movie.. It looked so.. beautiful.

"You like it? You won't believe how long this took me."

He said, shutting the car's back door closed as he came up beside Yoona with something in his hand, as Yoona continued to stare forward. Yeonjun noticed how Yoona was completely silent, just observing the sight in infront of her.

"You don't lik-"

"Why"

Yoona spoke up finally, as Yeonjun tilted his head in her direction in confusion.

"What do you mean, why?"

"I mean why did you do this. We've known each oth-"

"Why do you keep bringing up how long we've known each other?"

Yoona sighed as she finally turned to face him. Both of their faces were lit lightly by the lights from the small campsite-like place in a walking distance.

"Ok, how's the fact that I've been nothing but shitty to you? Or the fact that we haven't had a single meaningful conversation since we've met, which was, just yesterday."

Yeonjun just stared at Yoona as a smile slowly crept up on his face. He sighed, still smiling before speaking up.

"What about just now, in the car.."

"I'm not trying to hurt you. In any way whatsoever."

Yoona looked at the ground and didn't respond while Yeonjun bent down a bit to see her face.

"Cat got your tongue?"

"An hour and twenty minutes."

"Right, then let's hurry up, shall we?"

Yeonjun grabbed her wrist gently and started walking ahead to the little arrangement, as Yoona just followed along, her other hand in her pocket. It was only now that she noticed that Yeonjun had a small wooden picnic basket with him.

Yeonjun sat down on one of the ends on the cushion as Yoona sat on the other, pulling her hand out of her pocket, and placing them both on the table as she leaned back on the tree's trunk behind her.

"..Well?"

Yoona started, as Yeonjun paused in his action of taking out some food from the basket.

"Why did you call me here?"

"I just wanted to know you more."

"Don't be fucking ridiculou-"