Chapter 14: Trust

YOONA POV

This doesn't make any sense. The bombs dropped right beside them.. everyone was outside,so there's no way either of the new members are traitors.. then how the hell did they survive that. A vampire like Hyejin and Soobin, SSS rated vampires themselves wouldn't have been able to survive it.. so did something happen in the time we looked away to run? But how can some ordinary human do that.. getting away from a bomb dropping from the sky in the few second we used to run out? Impossible. Unless..

'Yoona.'

My thoughts were interrupted by a voice, as I looked up to see Dawon. I moved my eyes away from him again, after recognition and kept looking away.

'What is it?' I asked in a monotonous tone, so as to not perk him about my anxiousness about this whole incident.

I didn't hear a response, only footsteps. Closing into me. I looked back at him, and as soon as I did,I recieved a flick on my forehead.

'You.. what the hell was that for?' I answered while rubbing my forehead in a tone of subtle anger.

'Who told you to go? How could you sneak out like that and put of all places to go you went to tag along with Hyejin?! Do you have any idea how dangerous that was!?'

'Tch.' Was all I said as I turned the seat away from him again.

'YOONA!'

'What do you want!? I only went behind her to make sure she was fine! What did I do wrong!? Why are you both treating me as if I committed a crime!?' I yelled back at him this when he grabbed and spun my chair around so I would face him. 

Dawon, Hyejin and I had been best friends since childhood. Me and Dawon were best friends before I met Hyejin. At the time, I had no idea Dawon was a vampire too. He never seemed like it. He would joke around and was so nonchalant that I would've never guessed. 

Then a few years later, I met Hyejin in the last year of middle school. She was pretty opposite from Dawon when I first met him. Hyejin was quite, and never talked to anyone she didn't know. Which, ended up being no one. She knew absolutely nobody in the school since she was new, but having no friends seemed as if it did no difference to her.

She would barely ever eat anything of her lunch, and the rest I saw her throwing away each day. All she ever ate and drank in school was blood. Which of course nobody knew it was blood. Everybody thought it was some cranberry juice or something and nobody ever questioned it either. It was only later when I went up to talk to her and we all became friends. Then during the last year of highschool, I discovered she was a vampire in the alley and that Dawon was one too when she took me to the base.

'Because.. you could've been killed by those bastards. I don't want you to die-'

'Why don't you ever say such stuff to Hyejin? I've never seen you being worried about her, or even tell to be safe and come back safe when she goes on such suicide missions. What? Did you stop caring about her? Why can't you stop caring about me too then? I don't want your protection, I want you to treat me like you treat Hyejin!'

'I TREAT HER LIKE THAT BECAUSE I KNOW ME ASKING HER TO STOP HER FROM DOING SOMETHING WONT HAVE ANY AFFECT AT ALL!'

He yelled at me. He ran his hands through his hair, as he looked back at me again.

'She's snapped, okay? No matter what you say, no matter what I say, no matter what whoever says anything.. she won't care. She'll do what she wants to and has to. She'll be ready to throw her life away for us. I've tried to stop her many times, but nothing ever worked. I want to stop you from becoming like her while I have the chance. You're my best friend, Yoona. Since forever. I know I can lose Hyejin anyday with her attitude. I've prepared myself for it. But I don't want to lose you too.. please just-'

'No. I won't let Hyejin die. No matter what. I know about her attitude, that is why I keep going after her. I know if I put myself in danger, she'll step out of her danger and save me instead. I know it got her pretty bad at times.. but she survived something that could be been worse if I didn't. So just, stop treating me like this. I want to be like you guys. I want to fight for us too-'

'What's going on here?'

I was cut off again, as I looked at the door, to see..

Haechan. I just looked away from him too, looked at Dawon in anger and paced out of the room, pushing Haechan aside.

'Im leaving.'
Was the last thing I said before leaving. I headed to Hyejin. I wanted answers.

HAECHAN POV

'What the fuck was that about?'

I muttered to myself as I walked inside towards Dawon, and sat in the chair where Yoona was sitting while Dawon sat down on the edge of the bed.

'So what exactly was going on here?'

I asked Dawon as he held his head in his hands, and moved them back to push his hair back.

'She doesn't get it.'

'Get what?'

Dawon looked at me and sighed.

'Have you ever encountered a turned vampire?'

He asked as he placed his elbows on his knees. I just shook my head.

'No. Why?'

'She doesn't get it. I guess you wouldn't know either. Well, I think we should go now. We need to surveillance the Central and check everything.'

I sighed getting up from the seat.

'Ugh, already?'

'We wouldn't want to compromise anything. Let's go.'

YOONA POV

I paced over to Hyejin's room and walked in. She wasn't there. I figured she would be in the conference room but she wasn't there either.

"Did she go for another mission already?"

I checked her room and found her mask still in her closet. She was still here. Then where is she.

Suddenly, I sparked. I headed over to the Surveillance Room and walked in. The room was dark with multiple televisions. Some of Central, some right outside our base and some were blacked out screens, flickering on and then staying on, showing the Central again.

There was a couch and table in the conference room with a silhouette of a woman sitting and watching the televisions.

"Found her."

I headed over to her as the light of the televisions let me see Hyejin now. I sat next to her on the couch as she continued looking at the cameras.

'What is it?'

She asked. As I looked over to her.

'I have questions. And I want you to answer them to me. I know you know the answers to them, so don't hide anything from me, and don't lie to me. Please. As a best friend, tell me the answers to my questions truthfully.'

She looked away from the TVs and looked at me plainly and sighed.

'Fine. But first, I have a question for you. Will you answer me?'

She asked me in the same monotonous tome of her as always. I sighed and nodded.

'Yeah, I will.'

'Good. Well then, I only have one question for you.'

She said as she stood up from the couch, picked something up from the table and looked at me before pointing a gun to my head.

My breath hitched as I continued looking at her.

She turned her head and looked down at me, with cold and indifferent eyes of hers.

'Do you trust me?'