Chapter 10: The Plan

At the fight up at the Central Prison, the battle still seemed to have barely changed or made a dent to either sides. All Investigators were still giving their all while the Vampires kept fighting them and feeding off the dead bodies to heal from their severe wounds.

HYEJIN POV

'Remember the plan, and no matter how bad it gets, stick to it. Its our only option.'

Soobin said as the boys nodded. I had managed to keep Yoona somewhere far from this fight. I couldve locked her in some room or the other, but if an Investigator or SSS rated we don't know found her, she'd be done for. The only option was to keep her somewhere where she would be in plan sight, but not found anyways.

So, I left her at the Isolation Room, where all vampires who were captured were being kept in cells. The door was obviously unlocked, so once the fight was over, I could get back to her go to our base with her. For now, she had be kept as a pretend prisoner. That way, any Investigator who saw her would think she's been captured and put there, and obviously no SSS rated cannibal would think of busting a 'locked' gate open.

According to the part I had in the plan, I separated from the group, and caught one of the Investigators. I don't know what the rank of this one I caught of was, but that wasn't going to be issue. The ID card on the uniform the Investigator showed she was a Vampire Confinement Combat in Seniority. Basically a senior vampire capturer.

I got on a pillar and lunged down to get the Investigator and made sure not a drop of blood escaped her skin. I unarmed the Investigator and making sure I was away from all the attention, I dragged the capturer into the interiors of Central.

'Tch, hold still you brat..'

The woman kept squirming trying to get out of my hold and was starting to slow me down. So I just dragged into one of the rooms, locked the door and broke its handle from the inside. Now the only way of leaving from here was busting it down which wasn't going to be much of a problem for me.

Once that was taken care of, I threw the woman into the wall directly infront of me. She was unarmed and now vulnerable to me. She could now do absolutely nothing.

'You caused me a lot of trouble there, you know that? Could've gotten caught, you bitch.'

I said from inside my mask. She managed to look at me directly in the eye, even after possibly fracturing her back or something else. Blood dripped from a corner of her lips which had made its way onto the mask she wore to hide her face and a scar on her brow.

'What are you going to do with me? Kill me?'

She said, spitefully. I laughed at her stupid question as I crouched down to her level, and flicked a piece of hair away from her face.

'Obviously. But im going to make better use of you before killing you..'

I pulled down her mask, as I felt a wave of shock going through me.

'Naoko..'

She flinched at me calling her name. She seemed just as shocked.. did she maybe recognize me by me calling her name? I doubt it, really. It's been more than 9 years..

'What did you call me?'

She responded with much difficulty. I hate to admit it, but I felt bad. We're both enemies now. Its crazy how fast the night changes..

'Forget it.'

I just carried out my part of plan, as I switched my clothes with her. I took her ID card too, and tried to control my eyes to get them to look normal. I put on the mask she had, and dressed her up exactly like me. In other words, I now had her identity in the fight, and I planned to keep it that way until we could escape.

'You're going to kill me now, arent you?'

She spoke. I knew I had to, but I couldn't bring myself to it. I knew she was injured now, and wouldn't be able to move, so, I just made sure she would be able to speak either, and took a handkerchief, and stuffed it in her mouth. Then I put on the mask on her face, so there was no way of telling.

'I want to see the real fun, when your own comrades kill you thinking you're a vampire.'

I faked the tone of assurance and cunning in my voice as I then kicked the door down. The hallway out the room was quite dark, and so I started looking for a dead body or well, injured body of an Investigator who still has a weapon. As I was nearing Central Prison, I found one. His legs had been brutally ripped off by one of the vampires as he was now struggling to crawl against the floor, leaving a trail of blood from his ripped of limbs.

As I neared him, I could see a ray of hope in his eyes. I crouched infront of him and placed my forearms on my knees as I looked at him with my titled head.

'Ms. Konomi.. help-'

I suddenly turned my eyes into the one of a vampire's. Pitch black, where there should be white of a normal human and my red glowing pupils.. The face on the guy was everything I wanted. The combination of fear, surprise and well, more fear just made me happy. He stared at me with his wide eyes and mouth open agape, as his breath hitched to form words. I started laughing at his sense of fear through the mask.

'I guess you're dying. If not by blood loss, then by a vampire.'

'No.. n-no, p-please d-don't do this..'

I took the weapon from his trembling hands in one hand, and picked him up by his collar from the other.

'Wow, you're lighter without your legs, huh?'

I smirked, before pulling the mask hiding my down, and sinking my fangs in his neck. After draining his blood, I dropped him down as the puddles of blood on the floor that were there from his ripped limbs splattered all over the uniform and my mask.

'Now look what you've done..'

I looked down to see how much of the uniform was damaged, and I found most of it now had drops of blood.

'Even after your death, you're a nothing but a burden..tch..'

I didnt have time to be slowed down by this. I picked up the weapon, and found the trigger. The day in the alley, when I was the victim of this weapon, I picked a few tricks on how to handle this thing. I headed towards the battle-zone, and started Now I'm going to make my attacker the victim with his own weapon..