low

- hyunjin -

"'here's proof that the bang chan bbl rumors are false as fuck'"

the room explodes into laughter. jisung grabs chan by the shoulders and shakes him, laughing hysterically. chan is the only one not cracking up. instead, he looks very confused and a bit uneasy.

"the what rumors?" chan asks, "bubble rumors?" he looks around the room for an answer and jeongin is the first to choke back a laugh long enough to speak.

"bbl. it stands for-," jeongin breaks into giggles again before managing to complete his sentence, "...brazilian butt lift." at chan's bewildered expression, the room falls into laughter once again.

"and you all know that? jeongin, you know that?" chan asks incredulously. he shakes his head in concern at the whole group and probably the people who started this crazy rumor too, regardless of the fact they can't see it.

     "the only reason you don't know what bbl means is because you're an old man," seungmin teases with a puppy-like grin.

the group bursts into another round of laughter and i clutch my stomach which is starting to hurt from laughing so hard. i look at felix who is giggling along with the rest of the group like he's always belonged here. as i watch him, my heart warms in my chest. he looks so cute that i want to pull him close and kiss him. i restrain and settle for sliding my fingers between his and holding his hand tightly.

finally, the room simmers down enough that seungmin can continue reading the stay hub article.

"guys, listen to what it says next," he says, grabbing the group's attention once again. "'you know you have a fat ass when haters start claiming it's fake. let me share with you three pieces of evidence that bang chan's cake is all natural.'"

"'fat ass...'" chan repeats, rubbing his forehead like he's getting a headache from the description.

"it's a compliment!" jeongin insists, "seungmin, keep reading!"

"'evidence number one: chan has been able to sit normally the whole time. after some (easy) research, i discovered that for around eight weeks after getting the bbl surgery done, the patient is not supposed to sit directly on anything and is told to utilize a special donut-shaped pillow. we have regularly seen chan sitting in skz-players and during chan's room livestreams throughout the last several months and can therefore immediately disprove the bbl theory. (not to mention that eight weeks is a long time. we would have definitely noticed something if he was uncomfortable for that whole duration).'"

"yes, you tell 'em! i've just been working out!" chan exclaims exasperatedly, causing some of the members to giggle again. i squeeze felix's hand and flash him a smile.

"speaking of working out, here's point number two," seungmin interjects, getting us back on track. "'chan has frequently talked about working out lately and it's natural to build muscles back there with the right exercises. as evidence that bang chan's been hitting the gym, here's a collection of clips and bubble messages where chan has mentioned/is seen working out in the past few months.'"

"blah, blah, blah. we don't need to look at those since we already know the rumor is false. what's point number three?" jeongin asks.

"okay, skipping ahead..." seungmin scrolls to the third section. he smirks as he looks over the next part which makes me eager to hear what it says. "okay, here. 'for my third piece of evidence, may i present to you, a timeline that consists solely of photos of chan's ass so you can see how it has naturally grown since debut.' and in parentheses, the author wrote, 'you're welcome,'" seungmin explains.

i burst into laughter with the rest of the group, clapping my hands at the words. seungmin turns the phone's screen towards the room and scrolls through the photos so that we can all see. chan covers his face and groans miserably. felix pats him on the back comfortingly but his grin matches mine. he looks towards me and our eyes meet.

"that's not all," seungmin comments, now looking back at the screen. i notice that his tone has dampened a bit and i turn to see his expression.

"what's wrong?" i ask. seungmin darts his eyes towards me before quickly looking back towards his phone.

"i'll just read it. at the bottom of the article it says, 'hey readers! i need your help for my next piece. if you attended either of the sydney maxident shows last weekend, please email me at info@thestayhub.com. i have questions for you and your answers might get featured in my next article! see you thereeee.' and then it's signed by know-it-all like usual," seungmin finishes.

i swallow nervously, feeling my tongue go dry. it's not about my interactions with felix, right? it can't be. we really didn't do anything crazy in public, we saved that for the conference room, right? unless...

i feel dread hit my chest. slowly, slowly, i look at felix. he appears just as nervous as i feel. but the look in his eyes seems so innocent. like he's scared about what this could mean for me. for us. a sour taste fills my mouth when i realize that felix probably hasn't even imagined that i could be suspecting that he told know-it-all about us. i shallow hard and erase that thought from my mind. there is no way felix would do something like that. if he did, know-it-all would have all the text and photo evidence he needs to write the article. which means felix didn't go to the author. i exhale deeply and squeeze felix's hand again, sending him a small smile that i hope is comforting.

changbin clears his throat awkwardly, trying to remove some of the tension. instead, it makes me realize how silent the room is. everyone is staring at felix and me.

chan, always the leader, tries to find something comforting to say.

"it probably has nothing to do with you guys. there were plenty of other things happening last weekend that were worthy of a stay hub article. for example..." the words die on his tongue as he tries to think of anything out of the ordinary that happened during the shows and can't. the silence in the room is unbearable. my heart sinks even deeper.

—————————
five star album in TWO days AHHHHHHtapthestarHHHHHH!!!

— starlostlovers