hooked

- hyunjin -

hyunjin: who's that guy you were with at our concert?

     i slowly exhale after typing my question.

     my body is resisting bringing this up, but a part of me knows that i should. i want felix and i to communicate openly and we can't do that if i keep holding back.

   after rereading the message three times, i hold my breath and click send. as soon as felix's typing bubble pops up, i lean my head back against the headrest and tilt my phone away so i don't go crazy waiting for his response.

     "are you allergic to texting?" changbin teases from his spot directly next to me. these airplane seats really don't give you much room to breathe. "what's with the dramatics?"

     "what dramatics?" i huff, giving him a look.

     "you were just giggling a second ago and now you're all like 'this text could be the death of me. wah wah wah!'"

"shut uppp," i respond, laughing and nudging him in the side with my elbow.

finally, i tilt my screen back towards me to read felix's response.

lix: oh, right! his name is dex and we started talking because we were seated next to each other. we didn't know each other beforehand, but we got along pretty well!

lix: if his actions towards me seemed a bit weird, that's because he was "testing a theory". i'm not sure what his theory was exactly, but... he seemed to think you were hitting on me...

ohhhh. oh? so, this dex guy was testing me?? i think back to how felix reacted to dex's arm around his shoulder and the look on dex's face when i caught him watching me. felix's explanation gives those moments some context and i feel a weight dissipate from my shoulders.

hyunjin: well he wouldn't be
wrong...

lix: are you admitting to hitting on me?? ㅋㅋㅋ

hyunjin: i couldn't resist!!

hyunjin: it's your turn to ask a question now

lix: changing the subject i see. okay, well...

lix: are there any pet names you would like me to call you?

hyunjin: you can call me whatever you like~

lix: you sure??

hyunjin: definitely.

lix: okayyy

lix: well, it's your turn then!

hyunjin: are there any pet names you don't like?

lix: how about you call me whatever you want too and i'll let you know if i don't like it?

hyunjin: sounds good!

lix: okay... what's your favorite thing to draw?