dance like crazy

- felix -

i feel everyone's eyes on me as i quickly scramble to pull up the tiktok. searching "viral tiktok of football players singing eenie meenie" on youtube, i find it quickly, clicking on the top result.

"this one," i explain, turning the phone towards them and hitting the play button. they all squish together so they can see.

     "ayyyyy," jisung exclaims enthusiastically. seungmin nudges him to shut up so that everyone can hear. when the boy in the video starts jumping up and down with his teammates, i watch as the stray kids members start smiling and nodding their heads along with the beat.

     i glance around at them one more time, trying to assess if they would be down for my idea or not, then press pause. minho gives me a single nod, having already figured out what i'm about to suggest and giving me the reassurance to speak it.

     "i think that stays would go crazy if you guys re-created this video. i could film it right now if you're into it! no pressure though, it's completely up to you guys."

     "we should do it!" jeongin chimes in. he looks around at the members who nod in agreement. "it looks fun!"

"yeah, and our tiktok is so dry right now. we seriously need a fun video like this to shake things up," seungmin agrees.

     "dibs on being the main guy!" jisung claims, raising a hand in the air like he's fighting for a teacher's attention. i look around to see if anyone disputes but everyone seems happy with the idea.

as they rewatch the video and learn the lyrics and moves, i analyze the apartment for an ideal space to film in. the apartment's layout is pretty simple. walking in the front door, the tv and couch are on the left and the kitchen is to the right. if you walk straight, you will reach a hallway with what i'm guessing are the doors to the bedrooms and bathrooms. between that area and the living room i'm in now, there is an empty space which is probably designed for a dining table to go. but, since the group likely eats most of their meals at the training building and eats comfortably on the couch when they are here, the space is filled only by a faded blue rug. i decide on using this empty dining area, as well as the path between the couch and the kitchen, to film our video in.

"do you think you got it?" i ask, turning back to the group. they all confirm that they do and i smile excitedly. "alright then, let's get to it!" i exclaim, feeling much more comfortable now. all the guys quickly get up and i guide them to the empty dining area before gesturing for jisung to follow me to the front door.

"alright, so jisung is going to start here, and i'll film him like this," i explain to the group, holding up my phone as if i'm recording. i move around jisung in the same way the videographer does in the original video. when i look over at the boys, i see hyunjin smiling at me. i smile back before turning to jisung again. "wanna practice?"

i pull up the song and click play. jisung puts on the performance of his life; the perfect amount of silly and dramatic. holding his hand over his heart, he replicates the original tiktoker flawlessly.

"yes! that was so good!" i encourage, pausing the song. "okay, so now you're going to crouch a bit and bop towards the rest of the group as you lipsync." jisung does what i explain and the rest of the group already knows what to do. they start singing the chorus as they jump up and down to the beat, swarming jisung. i grin as i pretend to film them.

     "ayyy that was perfect! okay, let's film it!" everyone gets back in position and i have chan play the song from his phone, explaining that i'll add it over the video in editing. for now though, i need to capture their singing for the chorus part.

     i click record and once the song gets to the part from the video, jisung lipsyncs like there is no tomorrow. i make sure my camera motions are smooth and timed right as he performs. we move into the chorus and the other members beam and dance like crazy as jisung joins them, singing loudly and throwing their hands in the air. when the chorus ends, everyone laughs and claps each other on the back or ass. i smile brightly at the group.

"that was awesome. here, i'll edit it now so you can see the results," i sit at one of the counter stools and get to work. someone asks chan about other 2010 pop songs but i only listen to bits and pieces of the conversation, my brain focusing on editing the video.

"it's ready!" i announce, moving towards the couch so we can all watch it together. i sit in the middle with hyunjin right next to me and chan on my other side. after everyone piles in, i ask if they're all able to see. when i get confirmation that they are, i click play.

jeongin, hyunjin, and changbin scream happily as jisung appears on the screen, lipsyncing dramatically to the song. i dart my eyes to see jisung's reaction and catch him smiling proudly at his performance. everyone's eyes are glued on the screen, eager for the chorus to start. seungmin and jeongin sing along when they hear it, grinning the whole time. i know stays will love hearing stray kid's voices singing this, and thankfully my videography came out perfectly stable and fluid. all the members start clapping when it ends.

"way to go felix!" chan compliments with a smile, "i think you're right about stays loving this. i'll give you my email so you can send it over. we'll post it tomorrow morning since it's getting late here now." at this, seungmin checks his phone to see the time.

"it's 8:27! that means 'the stay hub' is already out!" seungmin exclaims, getting everyone's attention. i shake my head to clear it, thinking i must have misheard him.

"sorry, did you say 'the stay hub?'" i ask in disbelief. seungmin nods his head in reply as he taps a few things on his phone screen. my mouth drops open in shock.

somehow, i believed that the stray kids members didn't know about @thestayhub_ on twitter. the stay hub posts a new article about stray kids every week and it's always something different or interesting compared to what every other article is saying. stays send in information or photos they have of stray kids to the stay hub's email address to try and get featured in the weekly articles. it's every stay's favourite source of stray kids news, especially because the articles are well-researched and have been proven true time and time again. they also tend to be extremely funny. i have been following @thestayhub_ for years and i read every article they put out.

"stop everything and listen to this week's title," seungmin insists and everyone subconsciously scoots closer.

"'here's proof that the bang chan bbl rumors are false as fuck'"

—————————
tap the star if you're excited for the ★★★★★ comeback on june 2nd!

and please consider following me~

— starlostlovers