eyes off you

- felix -

hyunjin leads me up the stairs to his apartment, holding my hand the whole way. when we are outside his door he turns to me.

"heads up, i wasn't kidding when i said that there are a lot of paintings. they are kind of... everywhere." then he opens the door and guides me in.

the first thing i notice is the overall vibe. the apartment is clean and modern looking, with sleek white walls and dark furniture. but instead of feeling gloomy, the whole place is alive with colour. beautiful acrylic, oil, and watercolour paintings hang on every wall, contrasting brilliantly with the greys and black.

     the room i'm standing in now seems to be three rooms at once. looking to the left, i see all the makings of a kitchen. grey cabinets, white countertops, and a kitchen island with artsy black stools and a potted plant on top. i absentmindedly pull hyunjin along as i wander over to the fridge to admire his charcoal sketches stuck to it with magnets.

then i turn towards the next section of the room, the dining area. i note the eight chairs at the table and imagine how nice it would be to eat a meal with stray kids around it.

i continue past the dining area and into what i can only describe as hyunjin's art studio. there is a large drafting table covered in paintings and two easels with works in progress sitting on them. my lips part in awe as i admire all the beautiful artwork. flowers, couples, oceans, portraits, and sunsets splayed across the canvases. hyunjin's art style resonates with me more than any i've seen before.

     i feel a prickle on my neck that tells me someone is watching me and turn to find hyunjin admiring me in the way i've been admiring his art. i feel a blush warm my cheeks and turn back to his paintings in an attempt to hide it.

     "your artwork is amazing hyung. i'm honestly in awe at some of these," i compliment, my cheeks growing warmer at my flirty use of the term 'hyung'.

     when i turn back to hyunjin he has his hand over his mouth, covering his smile but i can still see it in his eyes.

     "what?" i ask, nudging his arm teasingly.

"nothing, nothing," he teases back, dropping his hand from his mouth and pretending to act casual.

"do you wanna show me to the bedroom?" i ask, a hint suggestively, enjoying my ability to fluster him.

i watch as his eyes widen slightly and his ears go from pink to red. he shakes his head to clear it before responding.

"right. house tour. the bedroom is this way." he gives my hand a squeeze before guiding me upstairs.

we walk into a cozy living room with a big black sofa facing a tv and a shaggy grey rug underneath. i notice two doors, one straight ahead and one on the wall to my right. he points at the latter one.

"that door leads to the bathroom," he explains, then walks me across the room to the other door. "...and this one is my bedroom," he says, opening the door and switching on the light.

"woah."

     the room is so hyunjin. there is a long bookshelf covered in books and poetry collections, a desk with journals and pens, a poster of got7's jinyoung, some paintings by artists i don't recognize, and lots of photos. among the pictures, i recognize his members, some of his other friends and family, kkami, and kkomi.