3racha

- hyunjin -

     i dash into the practice room with felix close behind me. glancing around, i realize we are the last ones to arrive, but none of the other members seem to notice. chan is busy connecting his laptop to the speaker system as changbin, minho, and jisung stand in the middle of the room competing to see who can sing the highest note. the vocal team sits like judges, laughing and giggling as they watch the others' performances.

     changbin appears to be losing but simultaneously having the most fun. he poses like an opera singer as he lets out a squeaky high note and the group falls into laughter. he grins cheekily and spreads his arms, turning to the vocal team for approval.

     "out! out," jeongin exclaims, grinning as he makes an X with his arms like a referee. changbin pretends to be shocked, jaw dropped and his hand clutching his heart.

     i turn to felix, who has a big smile on his face as he watches the friendly competition. after a moment, his eyes meet mine and he nods his head, letting me know that he's ready for the members to realize we're here.

     "hello." i greet the group and felix follows suit, dipping his head slightly in a bow. the members return the greeting and, at the sight of felix, make their way over to chat with him. i leave him to fend for himself as i walk towards chan who is still tapping away at his laptop.

     "hey, thanks again for allowing felix to join. i gave him a tour of the garden which is why we're a bit late. sorry."

     "ah, no worries. i'm still trying to get this thing working anyway," chan responds without looking up from the task. just then, the sound of static crackles over the speakers. "ay? looks like i got it now," he states before turning to the rest of the group. "let's get started," he announces, signaling for everyone to sit in a circle.

     i place myself down between felix and seungmin. lix smiles at me and his eyes gleam with barely contained excitement. i smile back before returning my attention to chan as he begins the meeting.

"alright, first things first, we need to decide how much we want to commit to. how many songs, music videos, choreographies, etc, will all depend on whether we do a mini album or a full album. we definitely have enough good songs written to do a full album... a few full albums if we're being honest..."

"a full album it is!" declares jeongin, interrupting chan's rambling with a grin. many of the members nod in agreement.

"woah- wait, wait, wait. let's take our time deciding and make sure that everyone agrees." he looks around the circle. "would anyone like to petition for a mini album?" when no one responds, he sighs. "alright, you guys know we just finished a tour right? we need to take care of ourselves and make sure that this isn't too big of a bite to take right now." he looks around the circle, meeting eyes with each of us.

"how about we do an anonymous vote to make sure we're all on the same page. felix, can we trust you to be honest with us?" felix startles slightly when his name is called.

"huh? oh, yes. of course. is there something..."

"great. everyone put your heads down and close your eyes. felix, could you let us know if it's unanimous?" chan asks, lowering his head.

"yes. okay," felix breathes and i close my eyes.

"perfect. members, raise your hand if you want to do a full album." i raise my hand and after a moment felix speaks up.