Chapter 31

" "Y-You're THE THE BLACK REAPER OF THE BATTLEFEILD!"

'Right. That was his nickname. Black reaper! OF the battlefield! Ugh. My goodness! How cringy! I forgot about Kenneth's cheesy nickname. No wonder the princess was so calm without even batting an eye. SO this was the mission he was talking about. ' "

"SEE! That nickname is so cringy!"

Arwin spoke in new found determination.

"But no one ever told me that it was..."

Kenneth said saddened by this new found knowledge. 'People thought his nickname was cringy...? Why did no one ever tell me...?'

" "OH NO!"

"WHAT... SHOULD WE DO?"

'Haha! The assassins' are scared! You should be since he's the love interest.'

"Duke Kenneth was supposed to be joining the Northern expedition..."

"That's a lie that we spread on purpose."

"NO WAY!"

Options appear on the screen reading:

1. Die.

2. Be murdered.

3. Fall over.

4. Stop breathing.

'What choice does he have now?'

She goes and finds a new option...

5. Be tortured and then have ones life ended.

The main assassin is stuck thinking 'What should I do..?'

'Oh, I know! This is going to turn into a hostage situation! According to my years of reading romance fantasy novels, they're definitely going to fins a hostage. Every romance fantasy novel has a hostage once in its story! As expected, they're going to aim for the princess and..'

"TH-THROW DOWN YOUR WEAPON! OR THIS WOMAN DIES!"

They hold a knife up to Latte. 'Why me?! This idiot chose the most worthless hostage out of this whole room!!' Latte is shown smiling at the assassin. 'You masked idiot! If you've got a death wish, do it alone!'

Kenneth is shown looking at her seemingly questioning if he should save her or not. 'Wait... Now that I think about it, I'm wearing a wig and a mask. I suppose I don't need to "work" for a hostage play like this.'

"GAH!"

Kenneth is shown effortlessly saving her. "

"That was so cool!!!!"

Rosaline said in an impressed at the scene again!

"RIGHT!!!!"

Cano spoke in shock. Kenneth was not fond of this personally, but was too tired of people hating on him and just wanted to relax in the peace, without any snarky comments.

" 'Wow! He got him so fast! Looks like he hit the wrist with the handle of his sword. And the knife that threatened me is on the ground! I should stomp on it at least.' She is shown stomping on the knife as the assassins' got beat up. The assassins' are shown walking away in pain 'No, no way! Duke Kenneth is way too strong! This is my last hope..' Now they switched back to Latte's point of view. 'I'm familiar with that pose. I look like that when I'm running away from a mess.'