Chapter Twenty Six

MARIA

I glanced at the clock on the wall, my heart pounding with a mix of determination and vengeance. The time had come to face Kingston, the man who had not only stolen the precious hard drive from me but had also betrayed my trust.

Tonight's ball was my opportunity to retrieve what was rightfully mine and bring him to justice.

With unwavering focus, I stepped into the luxurious dressing room, where a carefully selected ensemble awaited me. A crimson red dress, crafted from the finest silk, hung elegantly on a hanger. Its vibrant color seemed to ignite a fire within me, fueling my resolve.

I shed my everyday attire with swift movements, freeing myself from the constraints of the past.

The fabric of my dark hair cascaded around my shoulders, a stark contrast to the fiery red that now dominated my vision. I gathered the strands, skillfully weaving them into an intricate braided updo, accentuating the graceful curve of my neck.

Next, I slipped on a pair of sleek black strap heels, their slender silhouette adding a touch of sophistication to my ensemble. The smoothness of the leather against my skin felt like armor, empowering me with each step.

Turning back to the mirror, I took in the transformation. The crimson dress clung to my figure, accentuating every curve, while the delicate straps adorned my shoulders like a mark of defiance. The high slit on the side revealed a hint of leg, a subtle reminder that I was prepared to go to any lengths to reclaim what was rightfully mine.

As I applied a final touch of scarlet lipstick, my reflection met my gaze with determination and a hint of smoldering intensity. Tonight, I would confront Kingston amidst the glittering ballroom, every step calculated, every word poised, ready to execute my plan flawlessly.

I took a deep breath, summoning my strength, and with one last glance at the mirror, I knew that I was not just a woman getting ready for a ball. I was a force to be reckoned with—a woman seeking justice, poised to reclaim what had been stolen from her.

The night air was heavy with anticipation as I made my way to the dimly lit garage under the hotel.

The scent of gasoline and polished metal permeated the space, heightening my senses. Rows of luxurious vehicles lined the walls, tempting me with their power and speed. But there was one car that caught my eye—a sleek, black Lamborghini, poised and ready for action.

I approached the Lamborghini with a mixture of excitement and trepidation, my footsteps echoing off the concrete floor. Its angular lines and glistening finish seemed to beckon me, promising a swift and exhilarating escape.

This was the perfect vehicle to commandeer for my mission, a symbol of my determination and defiance against those who had wronged me.

With trembling hands, I reached into my bag, retrieving a set of lock-picking tools.

I knelt beside the car, my eyes scanning the locks and the intricate mechanisms that held them in place. My fingers moved with precision, expertly manipulating the tumblers until I felt a satisfying click.

The door swung open, granting me access to the powerful machine that would carry me to my destination.

Sliding into the driver's seat, I felt a surge of adrenaline. The supple leather hugged my body, and the scent of new car overwhelmed me. My fingers grazed the cold, leather-wrapped steering wheel, finding comfort in its familiar touch.

I bend down and remove the cover from beneath the steering wheel where I played around with the wires to get the car started.

The soft purr of the engine filled the air, a promise of the raw power that lay at my command.