Chapter Sixteen

The mirror became my best friend in the past one hour, because I just stared at my bruised and battered face with my hands clenched around the sink

The mirror became my best friend in the past one hour, because I just stared at my bruised and battered face with my hands clenched around the sink. The bathroom door opens and Kingston walks in with a superstore bag, he puts down the toilet lid and settles the stuff on top.

He hands me ice, and I take it from him before sliding my shirt over my head and throwing it to the ground. I rest the ice onto the bruised area, and my eyes shut tightly from this outrageous pain.

"I'd rather have your cold hands on my body instead of this bag of ice." I whisper jokingly, trying to lift the mood. He shakes his head, and flicks open the aid kit as he takes out the sanitising solutions and cotton pads.

"Even when your in pain-you still have time for your quick remarks huh." He responds, "why do you do that?"

"Do what?" I hiss as he presses the cotton pad against the side of my ripped cheeks, he cleanses the area. He was so close to me, his body nearly pressed up against me. He smells so good, my eyes slowly glance up into his as he cleans the area.

"I just told you what."

I do it because my brother told me to see the positive side to things, to always push the negative and focus on the good. Because why do we dwell on the bad, when we can be happy with good? Why do we put ourselves in the bad when we can just shift to good?

But instead of giving him that answer.

I shrug my shoulders.

Because that was too human for me to say.

Kingston throws the damp red cotton pad into the sink, and slides out the plaster stitches.

"I know you don't like me Kingston, I know you hate me for taking you away from your family and I know you strongly believe that I should be behind bars right now and not free. I know I shouldn't have tried to kill you every chance I got...-" he comes back to me and lifts my jaw up slightly, he presses the plaster onto my cheek and continues to do that three times.

"What I'm trying to say is that..." he finishes up and washes his hands in the sink. "Well, I'm s-" god it could not come out of my mouth, Kingston dries his hands and leans against the wall waiting for me to speak. "I am so-r-r-y." I long out, and then take a breath. "For trying to kill you."

"For what?"

"I just told you for what?"

"For assuming?"

"Assuming? You blatantly told me the night we met that I should be behind bars."

"That's before when I wanted to kill you with my bare hands."

"God Kingston, you're so romantic." I speak, grabbing my shirt from the ground as I shove it into the sink and open the tap.

"Hang on, that was you trying to be romantic?" He smirks, Kingston is actually smirking at me? A day I never thought would shine, "try again killer."