Chapter Two

Living this life is nothing but a cruel game

And it was fucking boring by the seems of it.

I slip of my black gloves and shove it into the plastic bin, I slide onto a chair and push the stacks of papers to the side as I look ahead of me. The wall filled with pictures, red pins and blue strings overflowed. These murders are not making a single sense. 

I lean forward and push my fingers through my hair. 

"Kingston, we found some sort of trace?" I look to the corner of the room, Charlie, one of the crime investigators hands me a file. I open it and notice new pictures, "they came in fresh after the autopsies." 

I see the dead body from last night, and my eyes squint as I get a closer look to see-initials. 

M.D.

"The killer decided to leave their initials on the body." My jaw tenses and I stand up to the board. 

"The question is why?"

"That is something we don't have an answer for." I pin the pictures on the board next to the name Johnathon Armani. Who was found buried alive in the cemetery, such a cruel death to give someone. 

But this man seemed as if he deserved it, especially when he worked for someone in the Mafia. 

Actually all of these kills were either Mafia dons or they worked in the Mafia. 

It seems as if the killer had their victims planned out. 

But what is their motive? 

"Any suspects as of yet?" I asked Charlie, she nods her head and stands. 

"Semyonov Mogilvich, he was always seen with Jonathon Armani. They were everywhere together." I raise a brow, I grab the ribbon and pin Semyonov and Jonathon together. I look around and notice that we didn't do a background check on Semyonov. 

"Do a background check on him." Charlies nods. "I have a dinner, so if anything comes through call me." She leaves the office, I go off and grab my things before heading out to the one place I don't want to be. 

The family dinner.