Chapter Twenty

DAMIEN

I sat on the edge of the bed, my head in my hands, trying to process what I had just been told. My heart was heavy, and a sense of dread settled in the pit of my stomach.

I had just found out that I had to do something that I didn't want to do, something that went against everything that I believed in. It was a difficult choice, one that I had been avoiding for as long as possible, but now it seemed like there was no way out.

As I sat there, lost in thought, I felt a wave of despair wash over me. How had things gotten to this point? How had I allowed myself to be backed into a corner like this?

I knew that I had to make a decision, and soon. But the thought of it was overwhelming, and I felt paralyzed by the weight of my own indecision.

Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, I stood up from the bed, feeling the weight of the decision bearing down on me. I knew that I couldn't put it off any longer, that I had to face the situation head-on.

Taking a deep breath, I steeled myself for what was to come, trying to find the strength to do what needed to be done. It wasn't going to be easy, but I knew that it was the right thing to do, even if it was going to be painful.

With a heavy heart, I left the room after making sure that she was fast asleep. 

I make my way to the car, and drive to the destination. 

My hands tensed around the wheel, I close my eyes. 

Fuck me. 

I park at the end of the road, sliding out and opening my boot. I take my gun out and push it into my belt. I slam the boot down and walk to the house, in the middle of the woods. 

I approached the house with a sense of calm confidence, my mind focused on the task at hand. Breaking into houses was nothing new to me, and I knew that I had the skills to do it without raising any alarm.

I crept along the side of the house, my steps light and measured as I made my way towards the back door. As I reached into my pocket to retrieve my lock picks, I felt a sense of anticipation building inside of me. I relished the challenge of this mission, the thrill of the unknown as I worked to gain entry.

With a few deft movements, I picked the lock and slipped inside the house. The darkness of the room did nothing to deter me as I moved through the space, my eyes adjusting to the low light as I searched for my target.

My movements were fluid and confident, each step taken with purpose as I made my way through the house. I felt no fear or anxiety, only a sense of focused determination as I worked to complete my mission.

The lights switch on, and my head shoots to the corner of the living room where I see a woman hold a knife in her grasp. "Who are you?" She shoots out. 

"Put the knife down Alexandra." I grab the stool from the island and settle down, Alexandra shakes her head-defiant. 

"You don't know what you've gotten yourself into-"

"Yes, I know Diavolos. In fact, the reality is-he doesn't know what he's gotten himself into." I slide my gun out from my belt and settle it onto the counter. 

"What do you want? To kill me? To kill his children?"

"No. I have to kill him." I answer her honestly, her eyes begin to water as she shakes her head. "I don't want to but I have too."

"What do they have against you?" 

"My daughter." Her face falls, and she slowly settles down the knife. "And I would do anything to get her back. Even if it means to kill-"