Chapter Seven

Closing my door with the back of my foot, I groan in pain as I limp towards the kitchen

Closing my door with the back of my foot, I groan in pain as I limp towards the kitchen. I grip onto my rib, and slowly lift my shirt as I glance down to see it blotched with red and purple. His knee hurt like a bitch.

I reach the sink, but pause on my steps as I look around the kitchen. I hear tapping sounds, and the creaking of wood outside. I drop to the ground and see a shadow near the back door.

My heart bounces against my chest.

Suddenly the banging begins, "Открой дверь Мария," my eyes widen and I grab my mouth when I notice these are Semyonov men. Not kingston. But them. I hear three gunshots blast the into the door, I immediately use my strength and run upstairs.

[open the door Maria.]

I slip onto my feet, and my ribs collide onto the hard wood steps.

My eyes widen, but I had not time to cry-so I force myself up and hear my door smash open. I reach my bedroom, and close the door before limping to my bed. I crouch and pull my draw open, I slide a gun out and make sure it is fully loaded.

As the banging continues to shake the apartment, I am flattened against the wall. I look down at my gun and note that it feels a bit too light. I pull the gun's magazine release, which causes the magazine to slip out. I then push the magazine back in after loading it with fresh rounds.

"Maria...we know you're in here..."

"You really think you can kill our don and get away with it?" I settle the gun into my back pocket and tie my hair into a bun. "Where is the hard drive!" I pull my beauty draw open and slip out the first aid kit, I grab the bandage wrap and lift my shirt. I wrap it tightly around my waist and secure it with a knot.

I slowly open my door and step out.

My steps are light, I look down the stairs and see them departing into different areas of the room. One of the guys point to the stairs, I watch him make his way up. "Diaz this can all be over!" He thinks he's distracting me by talking, the combination of stupid.

I slide back into my room before he catches me and settle behind the door, my door creaks open and I look into the mirror opposite the room to see a man walking in. He reaches my beauty desk and pulls the draws open whilst holding the gun in his right hand, whilst he was distracted-I begin to think of a plan.

Four men in total.

One upstairs and three down.

I close my door shut with the front of my foot and raise my gun; the man turns around the moment the door locks. "Found you." He growls, a toothless grin comes into sight.

"More like I found you." I correct him, he tries to come at me but too slow.

I ducked down and punched him right in the dick as he attempted to hit me with his left fist, he sputters and hunches over as I knee his face and clutch the back of his head.

As he trips over my makeup table, I approach and give him another hit to the face.

He slams me against my mirror after grabbing my wrist and the back of my neck.

I reach behind me and place my gun into his stomach, pulling the trigger.

Three times exactly.

I wipe the blood from my nose and watch him bleed out on the floor. I open the door but look back to shoot him in the head again.

"Myke! Myke did you find her! Go check upstairs." Oh, for fuck sakes.

"I've always wanted to play hide and seek; winner gets the hard drive." I shout out loud into the hallway, the heavy footsteps indicate them running towards me.

I step back into my room and close the door.

The door slams opens, and the handle hits me right in the gut. "Are you fucking serious?" I whisper, the man walks in and I slam the door shut and bend down to pick my phone from the floor, he tries to touch me, and I use this opportunity by kicking him right in the face.

He backs away holding onto his nose, I raise my gun and fire another head shot. He stumble back into the window and falls out, the sound of breaking glass.

Why did I not think of that before? I grab my duffle bag from the bed and reach my window. I pull his dead body by the back collar of his leather jacket and throw him onto his friend, I slide out and balance myself on the roof.

I double check my now cracked phone, then shots go off and the tiles off my roof begin cracking. I look back and see James, the man after my ex husbands hard drive firing at me. I watch him get onto the roof; the scar trailed down his eyes as he rushes towards me.

"A deal is a deal, I caught you." My eyes widen and I slip on my feet, my hands grabs the edge of the roof. I look down to see that I am three stories high, "well, Diaz where is the fucking hard drive?"

"I'm not telling you nothing." I mutter, my upper body strength struggling to hold myself for much longer.

"A deal a fucking deal bitch." His foot presses onto my fingers, I release a loud scream of pain before laughing it off. "I've been to kind you bitch, give me the fucking hard drive."

"No."

Hang on.

There's another one.

I look down and see him standing under me.

Shit.

"Okay fine! I'll give it to you, help me up." James releases a long laughter before shaking his head.

"Do you think I'm stupid? Give it to me first." I grip with one hand and dive my other into my duffle bag to take out the hard drive. I hand it over to him, he nods his head with a retched smile.

"Help me!"

"No." James laughs, he presses onto my hand causing me to slip and let go. My back collides with the ground, and I release a loud groan, I slowly try to push myself up, but the pain already begins sting me. "This is a fake? Grab her."

One of his men grabs my arm, as James comes down.

He grabs my neck, lifts me from the floor and throws me back down. He raises his gun and aims it at my thighs before pulling the trigger. I gasp loudly, gripping onto my leg. The pain caused tears to flow down my eyes, he steps closer and smiles.

"Semyonov was one lucky man..." he whispers.

"Fuck you." I spit right into his face, he punches me roughly across the face and I almost felt a tooth coming out.

All of a sudden James is pulled back, I look up and see kingston knocking him right out with his foot. The man who was once holding me travels to Kingston, he throws a left hook but Kingston grabs his fist-twists it and slams him onto the ground.

Blue lights go off, and I groan to myself knowing I have to escape.

Army looking soldiers raid my house, I try my hardest to stand up but drop back to my knees.

"No point on running anywhere killer, we have the entire place scouted." His dark voice enters my ears.

"I'm not the bag guy here." I whisper out.

As much as it looked like I was-I wasn't.

All i was doing was looking for my brother.

"Good way to prove it." He pushes my head down onto the ground, grabs my hands behind my back and tightens it roughly with cuffs.

AUTHOR

Please make sure to vote as it helps my book become noticed!!!

And this books is not edited!!