131

After the Ban family was ransacked, a few dandies who had a good relationship with Ban Heng even tried to secretly give some gold and silver to Ban Heng. When they learned that Rong Xia didn't turn his face and deny anyone because of the Ban family's downfall, but took over all the Ban family members. After leaving, I stopped my thoughts.

Later, after Emperor Fengning put the three members of the Ban family under house arrest, these dudes jumped up and down thinking of a solution for a while, but they didn't have time to jump around for long, and their own house was also raided. They are hereditary nobles who have no real positions in the court. Emperor Fengning didn't like them, and if he wanted to copy their homes, there was nothing he could do.

After the Rong family army entered the capital, these dandies enjoyed watching the excitement. Although these nobles failed to restore their titles, they were returned by the imperial court to their confiscated property. This was already a surprise to them.

Especially the few dudes who helped Rong Xia in the court, and now they are all conferred with several moderate titles.

These dandies themselves are also very interesting, knowing that they are too embarrassed to go to the palace to thank them now, so in front of the Xuanzhi eunuch, they kowtowed towards the palace a few times and said a lot of flattering words. He went to the Jingting mansion with a generous gift.

The new emperor had just been established, and the elders in the family did not dare to form cliques at this time, so the people who brought gifts and visits were all younger generations, and they found an excuse for a party before stepping into the door of the Ban family.

Because of this coup d'état, a few dandies of the younger generation have restrained their temperament more than before, and they talked about those old sour scholars who pretended to be noble and supported the former dynasty.

"Why do you refuse to be recruited by the imperial court?" Ban Heng said bluntly, "What your majesty wants is someone who is capable, talented, and caring about the common people. Not to be in the same rank as the rich, as if he has the opportunity to be in the same rank, what a shame."

The few people didn't expect such a thing to happen, and asked curiously: "Is there really such a thing?"

"Really not," Ban Heng shook his head affirmatively, "Your Majesty values ​​high-level people with both ability and political integrity. I heard from my sister that if there is really a minister who is capable of governing the world and is unwilling to be recruited by the court, His Majesty will personally invite him. The few days you said Personally, there is such a jubilation, when did the court take care of him?"

"So they are sour in their hearts, and they still have to pretend to be noble?" A certain dude sneered, "I don't like this kind of people the most. When I go to sleep at night, I might dream of being called by the court. When I get up in the morning You still have to pretend to be disdainful, write poems and lyrics to flaunt yourself, is it not good to be honest?"

"It's easy to clean up this kind of people," another dude said, "Don't they want face, then we won't give them face."

"I have a good idea," Ban Heng slapped the table, "Let's invite actors to perform in the downtown area, make it more funny, and embarrass them to death."

"Just do it like this. They are shameless, and we don't want to show them face."

Just when these self-proclaimed literati were so flattered by the praise that even he himself thought that he had really rejected the emperor's summons, suddenly some dandies who had nothing to do began to invite people to listen to books and watch theaters for free.