70

Ban Hua shook her head at what Yin-shi said, "But doesn't the Crown Prince like her?"

There were several candidates for the Crown Princess position that time, but the Crown Prince insisted on Shi-shi. If it wasn't because of his feelings, why was he so determined on her?

"Some couples started like enemies, and later become happy enemies. Some couples started with love as deep as the ocean, but they end up getting tired of each other." The daughter had already had a fiance, so Yin-shi intended to talk more of this matter, "Even with the best feelings, if they don't get along well, it will eventually crumble to ashes. Smart people place importance on the heart."

Ban Hua pondered, "Do you mean to say, after I get married, I need to hold onto Count Rong's heart?"

"This mother means, it is good to cherish others, but do not demean ourselves for love." Yin-shi stroke the top of Ban Hua's head lovingly. "A girl should love herself more. A smart girl learns to make the man loves you as much as you love yourself."

"En, en." Ban Huai on their side nodded, "Just like how I love and cherish your mother."

A smart man knew to be a little shameless in front of the woman he loved. This was not cowardice, this was love. Some people thought sweet talks were useless, and silent action was the best proof. Ban Huai turned up his nose at this. A good man should not be just silently good, but he also had to make the woman happy. She married you, raised your children, kept your house, was it for the sake of having a block of wood or a scumbag sleeping next to her pillow?

Ban Huai who stood by this enlightening ideology considered himself as Daye's number one best man. Every one else was free not to admit it, but he religiously held onto this self conviction.

"We mother and daughter are speaking, don't stick your nose in." Yin-shi looked at the tea in front of him, she added, "Don't drink too much cold tea, be careful or your stomach will ache again."

"Ay!" Ban Huai responded, he waved a servant to change the tea.

Ban Hua and Ban Heng quietly watched their parents' interaction. They exchanged a look between them, and smiled an understanding smile.

"Come, we women go chat in the backyard." Yin-shi rose, told Ban Hua, "It's blossoming time in the garden, walk with me."

Ban Hua obediently stood up to follow Yin-shi.

After Ban Huai was promoted to become a Royal Duke, some locked up courtyards were reopened. This place was originally built to befit a Royal Duke's residence, the Emperor had in mind when giving them this place as a compensation. However, after the Ban family moved in, they put away some parts that didn't fit and locked up some of the courtyards before settling down in peace.

Their family was small, so some of the rooms were dismantled to become part of the garden, it made a very large garden. They were not demanding people, but as they had the money, they hired people to make the garden very beautiful. Strolling in the garden in spare times was very relaxing.

"Hua Hua, are you really willing to marry Count Cheng'an?" Everytime she thought of her daughter marrying Rong Junpo, Yin-shi always felt something was not right, but she couldn't tell what actually was wrong.

"What is it?" Ban Hua looked at Yin-shi perplexly, "Mother, you don't like Count Cheng'an?"

Yin-shi shook her head, "I have nothing against Count Cheng'an. It's just that, I am worried after marrying him you won't have it easy."

"If not good, then I will just come home." Ban Hua was unconcerned, "It's not like you won't want me."

"Silly child, marriage this big matter, how can you take it like a child play?" Yin-shi saw her daughter had seen it through better than herself. As she talked and talked, she couldn't hold herself from laughing along, "You ah, when will you make Mother stop worrying?"