74

At Yan family's Second Gongzi, Ban Hua was taken aback for a moment before she reacted.

"Isn't he too sick to get out of bed, what is he doing at our gates?" Ban Heng jumped up in anger, "Even if he is a gongzi from a prime minister's house, tell the guards to chase him away!" This person was clearly crazy, he must have known his sister was engaged to Rong Xia, what did he want by coming over?

If this was spread outside, even if Rong Xia didn't mind, it wouldn't be good to be heard by other people.

"Have someone notify Minister Yan's house, in case he stumbled and bumped himself then he blame our stairs not built well enough and tripped this noble gongzi's feet." Ban Heng despised someone like Yan Zhen the most. He would have put Yan Zhen in a sack for a beating if not because Yan Zhen seldom went out of the door.

"How does Yan family teach their son, he totally lacks manner!" Ban Heng didn't forget to add extra insults.

Ban Hua strangely felt the last insult was familiar to her ears.

T/N – That's what others say about Ban family son!

"Sis, just ignore this kind of person. The more you pay attention, the more they are encouraged." Ban Heng was still angry, he turned to Ban Hua, "What love as deep as the sea. He's read too many books, he thinks all love is as deep as the sea. Don't you go meet him out of pity, don't be soft to him."

Ban Hua had zero chance to speak, Ban Heng had said it all.

"Fine, fine. I am not meeting him. What are you angry for?" Ban Hua patted his head like a master soothing her beloved dog. Ban Heng made a fuss about his head getting touched but his anger did subside.

"Then what should we do?" Ban Heng was good at beating people up, at putting a sack over people's head, at gathering minions to make troubles, but he wasn't good with his brain. He didn't think Ban Hua was much smarter, but still, her brain was a tiny tiny bit better than his.

"Haven't you said it already. We tell Yan family to come pick him up." Ban Hua stood up, her long hair cascading on her back. "I am in mourning, and I am engaged. Why would I go out to meet a man."

Ban Heng, "But you were out buying sugar figurines this morning, this excuse is weak."

"Then do you think that rather than giving excuse, we should simply say I am too lazy to meet you?" Ban Hua asked back.

"Let's just use some excuse even if not strong." Ban Heng rubbed his nose, turned and left in a hurry to look for his parents.

What Ban Hua and Ban Heng could think of, Yin-shi had thought of it earlier. As her son entered, she said, "Don't panic. I know what you are going to say. I've sent someone to Minister Yan residence."

Ban Heng dropped his rump on the seat, very unhappily said, "This Yan Zhen is really too rude. He did it on purpose to let everyone in the Capital watch a joke."

"He's just a young man who after reading a few artistic love poems thought that love is the most beautiful thing in the world and everything else is humdrum. He thinks true feelings and the beauty of love come through life and death, through spitting out heart and spilling blood." Yin-shi's tone was quite plain, "But where on earth is such a fervent love. More common is love means joining hands through hardships together until old age. Yan Second Gongzi has become foolish from reading too many books, Yan family doesn't educate him well."

She was certain that Yan Hui had no idea what Yan Zhen was doing. Yan family was in recovery and their foundation was not yet stable. Yan Hui must be anxious of troubles, he wouldn't have allowed his son to come again, Yan Zhen must had sneaked out of the house.