89.2

"This way, Minister Yan, please."

"This way, Minister Shi, please."

Yan Hui and Shi Chonghai arrived not long after. They sat down at the same table after saluting the Crown Prince.

The strange atmosphere at that table made the poor heir so suffocated that he couldn't swallow. It was until his old man came and sat at the main seat between the Crown Prince and the Second Prince that he was able to let out a sigh of relief. Whatever was in the mind of everyone at the table, at the presence of his father, each of these people had to show a smile.

Duke Cheng's personality had reverted to be child-like. Since the banquet started, he kept on urging his two maternal grandsons and Rong Xia to eat more, ordering servants to serve them more food. Because he only talked to his favourites and ignored everyone else, the heir had to take care of the people his father left out.

After the meal, Duke Cheng suddenly said, "Little Rong, let me see your fiancee. It was too crowded in the rear courtyard, I didn't have a good look."

Duke Cheng's Shizi inwardly cried in distress. This was a junzhu, not some cats or dogs for display. But he had no choice, he sent people to invite Fule Junzhu from the rear courtyard with an apology.

* Shizi = the heir. Junzhu = princess of second rank (the rank below the emperor's daughters).

Read this for free at SleepyPrawn site. Add to my viewer number and I will translate more happily!

Ban Hua had finished eating, she was chatting with some lady friends when Duke Cheng's granddaughter came over to apologise, saying her grandfather wanted to see her.

Considering Duke Cheng's advanced age, Ban Hua agreed to follow her.

"Terribly sorry," Duke Cheng's granddaughter smiled bitterly as she led Ban Hua to the main hall of the inner courtyard, "Grandfather has become similar to a child these recent years, and his memory has also regressed. If he says something offensive, Junzhu must not take it to the heart."

Ban Hua hurriedly supported Duke Cheng's granddaughter who was bowing in apology, "The house with elders is the house with treasures. Sister still has your grandfather and grandmother around, it is a real blessing."

Recalling of the Grand Princess who used to spoil Ban Hua so much, Duke Cheng's granddaughter was unsure whether to comfort Ban Hua or to change the topic.

The two soon arrived at the main hall, Duke Cheng's granddaughter took Ban Hua inside. The hall was very lively with conversations and laughters.

"Miss is here." A servant in blue dress came up and saluted Ban Hua, "Please come this way."

The servants opened the curtain for them, Ban Hua went inside and saw Duke Cheng and his wife at the main seats of a table. The Crown Prince, the Second Prince, and Rong Xia were also there, Ban Hua was a bit confused of what was going on.

"Come, come." Duke Cheng's wife was a very kind old lady, she smiled, "Sit next to me."

The maids came with tea and snacks, Ban Hua was being coaxed like a child.

"I know this girl is very clever." Duke Cheng laughed in satisfaction, he turned to tell Rong Xia, "Such a good girl, you must treat her well."

Rong Xia's and Ban Hua's eyes met. Rong Xia laughed, "Wanbei will definitely treat Junzhu well."

* wanbei 晚辈 = This Younger Generation (referring to self)

The Crown Prince laughed, "You will be my cousin's husband in the future. If you are not good to Ban Hua, I won't forgive you."