𝐗𝐗𝐗

Celeana gets off the glass elevator at the 98th floor, opening the way to her home by pressing the key card.

Letting herself in, she mutters, 

'I am home...'

Strolling across the long dining table, she half-tosses-half-throws 3 medals and an award for having won the fencing tournament on the table.

Her dad manages to peek from his laptop screen to say,

 'Only three? I remember last time you had five of these things!'

'That's because last time I actually tried,' She huffs, a little too drained out to make any other comment to piss her parents off as she jogs off to her room. She doesn't have to turn back to know that her mother didn't even bother to look up from the documents

As a child, she always thought her mother was the better parent - who ignored Celeana's existence as a whole. She had thought it was easier to believe in a lie that was based off her own hopes. Maybe then, her father's incessant comments about how much of a disappointment she was, wouldn't hurt as much?

Now, she only sighs at how much of a foolish thought that was as she reclines on her armchair.

It has been like this for the last two years for Celeana – her parents and her only sharing a conversation of a sentence or two (at most), a day. The picture-perfect, prim and proper Pridesongs have been always pressuring Celeana to live up to their stupidly unrealistic expectations. 

When Celeana was younger, she gave her all, 'trying' to live according to their expectations because she wanted them to care for her. She used to crave for the warmth and love her parents failed to give.

Not until was she old enough to understand the true meaning of love – that it was unconditional and you didn't have to 'earn' it by any means (contrary to the belief Celeana's father used to preach) – did she stop listening to her parents. She would come home late, refuse to attend those stupid parties her parents ordered her to join them on and of course simply not listen. 

Just to piss them off – and heavens, did she enjoy it! Watching their disappointed faces crumble into fury was a treat for Celeana's messed up mind! She knew she really pushed the buttons when she dyed her 'once-sensible' looking (according to her mother) golden hair to have slight teal highlights. And that was the last straw. Closing herself off now – even though an ice queen was what people started calling her – she became someone else, entirely.

After changing into her casual fit, her phone chimes.

'Leana, don't be late!' Elvira's text brightens up her mood as she packs her bag to head to the Emerald Palace library that is only open for the girls. They planned to hang out there today as there was no homework.

 So she makes her way down the hundred floor skyscraper to their hangout zone. She pushes the great glass door open to see Elvira sitting by the huge bookshelf, hoodie above her head immersed in a book.

At the sight of her, Celeana recalls a vivid memory.

'Move it, Pridesong!' Min Hyuk sneered at Celeana.

It was a bright morning, the school corridors washed in cheery sunshine. It was just too early for her to be dealing with uncivilized miscreant already.

'Take off that stupid pin first,' Celeana calmly reminded him, eyeing that cranky badge which read 'Down with the Ashtons!' She didn't know the reason behind his current fascination of trashing the newcomer girl. Elvira Ashton was yet to even set steps into the school and here was this guy, plotting ways to troubling her with his drunkard-clown-like presence.