𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈

As soon as I return home and fling my brown converses over the white carpet to rush to the study room. To my surprise Seo Joon the bastard who ruins my evening isn't waiting for me with his stupid Apple products. So I use the chance wisely as I dash to the living room to my piano.

                                             Elvira's Fit

                                             Elvira's Fit

I take a tissue paper to wipe over the dust that sits on the stool due to my absence as I flip through the musical notes. I take off the cover from the keys gently caressing my fingers across them. So many vague memories wash over me as I think about how contradicting my childhood was comparing to my teen years.

 I softly start playing J.S Bach- Prelude In C Major the one I used to play when I first got this piano. I close my eyes and sync my fingers to the calm music. After I am done playing I hear claps from the other end of the living room. Probably one of my friends. I gather my notes and get up from the still as I stop short hearing someone's voice.

 'Woah... Elvira... You deserve the award for the best pianist!' 

I turn around to be greeted with Seo Joon's awestruck face and his eyes fills with admiration. 

'Since when are you here?'

 'Since you started playing.'

 What the hell? Who let this dude in? 

I didn't ever hear the doorbell! I mask my astonished face with an unbothered expression.

 'If you are done, we can start our study session?' He gets up from the couch.

 'Yeah sure.' 

Both of us walk over to the study room, turning the lights on. Fifteen minutes into the lesson as I'm solving some questions from Organic Chemistry and him on his MacBook, nothing down something from his textbook. He looks so absorbed in his studies that it looks like even if the war of Russia and Ukraine occured here, he wouldn't even blink away from his screen. 

I look down at my notebook to analyze the question for the tenth time. What is an Ester? Why would carboxylic acid react with alcohol? Why on earth is this so messed up? Who even invented this dumb nonsense?! 

I cross over my answer for the fifth time as I rip out the ink stained page out of my notebook vigorously crumpling it and throwing it over to the dustbin. I take the pencil I was using and break into two. I'm so blinded by my anger I didn't even realize Seojoon's sitting right across me. 

'Elvira, you okay?'

 He says with a worried look. Shit. I messed up. Again. Everything happened so fast that I forgot someone is around me. What if he uploads a post on the social media? The reporters will find out and... What if mom has to step down from the position of owner of the Penthouse? We will be homeless. No no no... 

'Elvira? Everything alright?' I shake my head.

 'What the hell is an Ester? Why is it necessary for carboxylic acid and alcohol to react? Why do we need to remember the displayed formula and structural formula? I just don't get it. I know you will tell me 'that I taught you this yesterday Elvira. Why would you forget it? Are you dumb?' Yes I am! Nothing gets into my fucking head no matter how much I try..'

 I hang my head low as tears of fury escape my eyes. He's silent for a minute. Probably sinking in my words. He is definitely thinking how I, Elvira the one who practically has everything cry like this. I don't know if I should be more worried and embarrassed about him encountering my anger issues or my mental breakdown. 

I feel his presence next to me as his hand pats on my back. His other hand reaches my fist as he gently holds it. 

'No one's perfect. We have our flaws and weaknesses. You aren't dumb. In fact no one is. You play the piano better than Martha Argerich. Not exaggerating. I also struggle a lot with my studies. Just because you can't get a single question doesn't mean you will fail. It's okay to have a break down once in a while. Once you let it out we can refresh our minds and learn this chapter through a game. How does that sound?' 

His voice felt like the warmth my cold heart needed all these days. The support and comfort I needed. I sniff away my tears wiping them with my sweater sleeves. 

'I'm alright.' 

I raise my head again giving him a reassuring smile which is intended to be a thanks as he smiles back. Maybe he's not that bad after all. After we are done going through the chapter once again I can answer the questions in less than twenty minutes. 

As I'm putting my notebook away he speaks,

 'I got reminded of my mom when I was listening to you playing the piano. I used to have trouble sleeping when I was a kid so every night she would play the classics for me.' 

His dark brown eyes glistens as he wipes away a tear that freshly forms. 

'Thanks. Why don't you live with her in Canada though?' I wouldn't be here if I were you.'

 'As much as I miss her, I want to accomplish her dreams of studying in SESH.'

 'Woah... You are the scholarship guy right?'

 'Yep'.

 Many people study so hard to get in but me? Mommy's money. 

'I hope you can achieve the best student award for her.' 

My words make him smile. As I lead him out the front door and close the door I hear footsteps approaching me.

 'Hello there my dear daughter, Elvira. Was that your boyfriend? Does my darling Lee Serena needs to know?' 

I turn around and scrunch my face in disgust. 

'She is Serena Ashton you old creep. Didn't I tell you not to talk to me or come in my sight ever? And mom won't even care if I marry that guy. So please don't intersect your stupid path with me or I might have to throw you from the balcony of the 100th floor.' 

'Still feisty as ever.' 

He gives a weird grin as I walk over to my without sparing my step-dad Lee Kyu Jin a glance. 

It took me a while to upload this chapter. Let me know how you like Seo Joon so far!