𝐗𝐈𝐕

Min Hyuk just parks the car in the Emerald Palace parking lot. He glances over at Elvira.

Should I wake her up? 

He contemplates but is interrupted as Elvira's phone starts ringing. Her eyes flutter open as she realizes her current state and picks up the phone.

'Hello?' She rubs her eyes. 

'Yeah, mom. I was supposed to be on a date with my boyfriend so I told Mr. Yoon to go home.'

There is silence as her mom talks on the other line.

'You wanna meet him?' She looks at Min Hyuk for approval and he shrugs.

'Okay, mom, see you in 10.' And she cuts the call, shifting her attention toward him. 

'Why didn't you wake me up?'

'You looked tired. So I guessed letting you sleep was the better option.' He smiles.

I think he's smiling more often these days.

'Okay... Let's go and meet my mom, then?'

'Sure.' He gets off the car first and then opens the door for her.

... Did I forget to wake up from my sleep or what?

Elvira takes out her card key for the glass elevator as both of them step in.

'Emerald Palace is pretty cool, not gonna lie.'

'Guess my mom ignoring my eyesight's well-being and making money wasn't in vain, huh?'

He chuckles nervously. 'Yeah.'

'We have to fix another time for our date,' Elvira says, breaking the tension.

'No need to rush. You already have a lot on your schedule. Just hit me up when you're free.'

His understanding tone makes her smile.

The elevator dings before the door slide open and Elvira gets in with her spare key. To her surprise, Elvira's mom herself greets both of them. Elvira wasn't expecting Min Hyuk to go all out and bow at a 90 degree.

'No need for such formalities, dear. I am glad to be meeting my precious daughter's boyfriend.'

She's actually this sweet in real life. Wow. Serena and her usual smile.

'Come on in.'

Both of them go in.

'You are home early.'

'Yeah. I decided to cut down on some work and spend time with you.' She pinches Elvira's cheeks. 'Look how thin you got without me around.'

Minhyuk stands by, totally dumbfounded by how he judged her mom.

'Thank you so much, Mrs. Ashton, for inviting me over.' He smiles.

'It's no hassle. And since you two are dating, I get the feeling we will see each other more often. So why don't we get to know each other more? Take a seat.'

He sits in the dining room as Serena pours them Jasmine tea.

 'Elvira didn't cause you any trouble, did she?'

'Mom, I'm not that much of a troublemaker!'

Min Hyuk laughs.

  'Well, not really. Your daughter is a very likable person.'