𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐕

It is six a.m. as she sits on the velvet sofa in her room, going through the biology notes for her exam.

Despite being the cheerleader Captain and the center of attention at every event, she always keeps a perfect score on her report card. Sometimes Elvira will just look at her with admiration in her eyes wondering:

Damn, she's so cool.

It isn't only limited to Elvira, almost everyone at the school either wanted to be friends or go out with her. She has more than just a handful of admirers.

A knock disturbs her peaceful revision as her mum enters, 

'Savannah, please come for breakfast."

Family breakfast. What a great way to start my morning.

Sarcasm would have been an understatement.

As she sits at one of the ends of the table her ice-blue eyes fall on her parents who seem to be occupied with their devices. It's nothing abnormal within the Lustrea household. On billboards, her parents have warm smiles on their faces but reality is far from that.

Once, when Savannah was eleven, it was Father's Day so she decided to buy a cake and surprise her dad at his office but little did that innocent eleven-year-old know that she would be the one receiving the surprise instead.

She could never look at her father with respect ever since she saw him with his female secretary. She wasn't as surprised when she came home early from school to witness her mother having a lunch date with her High School sweetheart.

Her dad is the one who started it so it would only be fair if her mom does it as well, right?

As soon as both of them leave for work, Savannah walks to her room and the door opens to reveal the person who has been present in her life ever since the beginning.

'You're late,' Savannah states as she brushes her waist-length black hair.

Despite being a foreigner, she fits the Korean beauty standards pretty well with her peach-toned skin and 5'7 figure.

No wonder she usually gets modeling offers.

'I was studying for the class test today.'

'What is meant by heterozygous?' she assesses him while putting moisturizer on her face.

'Same alleles are present in genotype so one of them will be dominant and the other will be recessive.'

'Good job! Guess you were actually studying.'

The appreciation in her tone makes him crack a sweet smile.

If anyone sees him with Savannah their viewpoint of him would completely change as he's totally different when he's by himself.

As soon as the two enter school, Elvira catches up with them.

 'It feels so good to have you back, El.'

'It feels good to be here as well.' Elvira's heart-filling smile takes her back to their freshman years...

She was casually at the library where she hardly would be reading A Court of Thorns and Roses and Evander sitting next to her, eyes on the webtoon on his tablet. The new girl was a table across from them, a pink hoodie jacket over her uniform as a frown was attached to her forehead covered with bangs.

With the hoodie on her head, Savannah found her extremely cute. And she reminded her of dong Kyung, the female protagonist of her favorite drama - Doom At Your Service. The thing that interested her more about this particular girl was that she changed her book every five seconds, shutting the previous book with a vexed expression.