𝐗𝐗𝐈

Rosalie organizes her desk for the fifth time in the day since she had just finished making a cute Ramen bowl out of clay for Elvira. She pushes back a stray strand of her knee-length crimson-red hair which is tied up in space buns. 

While putting everything back in its place, a piece of paper falls out of her maths notebook — a grided sticky note saying, 'I don't think any algebraic rule can equate the scrambled equations of my emotions.' The handwriting takes her back to a month ago.

'Ms. Bloom. Could you please stay after class? A new teacher will be joining us and we think you would be perfect to examine him.' 

'Sure. No problem at all.' Rosalie is the complete opposite of Elvira. Studies are her first priority. Seeking knowledge is part of many things she loves. 

She walked up to their classroom, which was empty since everyone left. She sat at the front desk as a guy in his early twenties walks in. He seemed rather confident at first but at the sight of Rosalie, the confidence went away. 

After they introduce themselves, Mr. Nathaniel Flintwood starts explaining some problems from Triangle

'Then we use the cos rule to-' 

'Are you sure it is not the sine rule? We already know angle ABC and side AB and AC. To find ACB, sine rule would be the only option.' He wanted the ground to swallow him alive. 

What's gotten into you? Messing up high school maths?! 

He recollected himself before moving forward with other questions. He started solving a question from the circle theorem but messed it up thrice. 

There's no way this guy's gonna get the job. She thought with a deep sigh, getting up from the desk and walking to the board.

 'Can I?' Nathaniel rapidly gave her the whiteboard marker from his sweaty palms. 

In less than five minutes, Rosalie had solved the equation without a calculator as she walks out of the class, her crimson braids swaying. He looked at the board to notice

 'The student council won't know how much you messed up... because I feel like you have the potential. So if you please, stay to work accordingly to the school's standards, Mr. Flintwood.' 

Ever since that day, Nathaniel couldn't get her off his mind. And as time passed, they had a great 'teacher-student' relationship. That's what they thought up until now. 

Rosalie wants to discuss this matter with Elvira but fate decides otherwise. Rosalie isn't the outgoing type. She just prefers to be in a corner and do her own thing. 

On the third week of Elvira's high school, she was partnered with Rosalie for a lab assignment. Elvira messed it up as always and Rosalie wasn't so kind to her since it was 30% of their final grade. After the lab class, as Rosalie was rushing to her locker, she bumped into a guy.

'Oh my dear Rosie, don't you miss me? I hate it in my new school.' Out of anxiety, her throat dried up.

 What is Min Jae doing here? 

He was Rosalie's toxic ex, the one who caused her trauma.

 'Please leave. I don't have time-'

 'Why sweetie pie, where's the rush?' Just then he felt someone punch his head really hard from behind. 

'She said she doesn't have time, you moron.' He turned around to face the one who punched him. 

'Elvira, run!'