𝐈

Sunday nights. Why do they exist? 

Elvira is staring at the busy city ahead of her from her bedroom's glass window. She hears a knock causing her to come back to her conscience. The door opens revealing the person she was hoping to see.

 'Why are you still up? Your school starts tomorrow, be a responsible teen and go to sleep.' 

'I thought you came to ask if I wanted to play Xbox or not'

'Nope go to sleep.'

 'Okay fine...' 

She covers her face with the comforter before Min Seok, her stepbrother turns the lights off and exits her room. 

The next morning comes in a blur as Elvira wakes up just in time and gets ready. She always makes sure everything about her is perfect. She's the daughter of the Lady of The Penthouse after all. She checks herself for the last time in the mirror wall then goes downstairs.

                                                                           Elvira's uniform

                                                                           Elvira's uniform

                                                                       Min Seok's uniform

Min Seok is standing near the big glass window with his canvas stand, paint pallet and brush in his hands. He puts the brush down after giving a last stroke of paint on the canvas then both siblings sit at the dining table. 

'You are seriously good at that.' 

Elvira comments pointing her fork towards the masterpiece Min Seok created by the window.

 'Thanks. Only if dad understood and didn't force me to become a neurosurgeon.' 

His voice fills with despair. Elvira puts her left hand on her brother's shoulder and pats him. 

'Hey, don't get too depressed. I'm sure he will understand your passion for art.' 

She gives him her best smile to boost his mode which seems to work. After breakfast, both of them get on their private elevator which only goes up to The Penthouse from the lobby of Emerald Palace. South Korea's tallest skyscraper. A building for the elite and prestigious ones.