21.

The second to last week of July came quick. Joey and I had been dating for amount already. Dustin shadowing me was interesting, he was a hyper kid. Just like Nolan, fresh out of high school. Teaching him was a bit of a challenge, he overwhelmed me with his energy. I had to take multiple walks around the building, so I wouldn't have an anxiety attack. He talks a lot, he moves and fidgets around a lot, he asks questions a lot, he goes off topic a lot! By the end of the week, I was used to him. I can see why Mr. Gabriel recruited him, for a head position. While he was hyper, he got things done. He was able to retain new information, and tasks like breathing air. This kid was smart, he knew his numbers, memorized passcodes. Anything you showed him, he would ask a couple questions then did it no problem. I think he's going to make a great boss. By the beginning of week two, Nolan was trying to escape him just as I was. He came into my office, looking distraught. Tie disheveled, hair a mess, face annoyed.

"How did you do that, for a whole week?" He asked, clearly overwhelmed.

"You get used to it, by mid week. I promise he's worth it, just give him time. Take some breaks here and there, eventually you'll get used to it." I explained, looking up from my laptop.

"I don't know if I can. He's a lot, he's he's spastic." He replied, putting his hands up in defeat.

Gianna walked into the office, looking the same as Nolan.

"Please, whatever we did to deserve this. I'll apologize for the both of us." She let out, exasperated.

"You'll be fine, I promise. He's a good kid, give him time." I repeated to the dark head girl.

They went back to their office, after calming down. Zoey called out for the day, she had strep throat. She went out with the team to the bar, she thinks maybe the glasses weren't clean right. Honestly, we've both been busy this past month. There was hardly anytime to hang out, or just relax together. I was pulling long office days, and sometimes nights. With production pick up, and the onboarding of our new customers it's been a lot. Work has become my home. I even pulled a twenty four hour office day. I was exhausted, I can't lie it took a bit of a toll on zoey and I. She felt lonely, I was upset to make her feel so.

She would go out with the team, while I worked or slept. We hadn't had a sleep over for the whole month of June, or even July. After Dustin was done shadowing I was to go to Salem for two weeks. This was hard, after all the work I was going to be away. I knew this position was going to be rolling, I never knew it would be this way relationship wise. I felt like a terrible girlfriend. She was worried about my physical and mental state, I don't blame her. I honestly have never felt this drained, it's to the breaking point really. I can feel my body about to give in, sleep is a memory to me.

I was packing my bag to leave for the next two weeks. Zoey walked into my room, and sat laid down on my bed. I continued packing, I didn't have much time to finish. She huffed and puffed not happy with my decision.

"Yes?" I questioned her noises.

"Oh you notice me huh?" She questioned back sarcastically.

"It's not like that, an you know it." I defended, stopping my packing to look at her.

"I don't know what it's like honestly. How would I? It's not like I get your attention. It's like I don't exist to you Gage, there's no time for me." She fought back sitting up. I rolled my eyes.