12.

I felt movement next to me, the stirring causing me to wake up. Maya was getting up and walking into the hallway. I say up, checking my phone.

Notifications:
1 text from Charli🍪
1 text from chambers🏃‍♀️
1 text from alyssa😍

I look at the time 4:26pm jeez I slept for a while!

Charli🍪:
Charli🍪: hey you okay? You aren't being murdered by the wicked witch are you? I've got Alyssa here at the dorm, she was looking for you, she has mono too. I think she's going to stay the night with me. Text me so I know you're alive! [sent at 2:36pm]

Me: I'm fine, don't tell Alyssa where I am please. I'll never hear the end of it. Love you Charli! I'll see you tomorrow. [sent now]

Chambers🏃‍♀️:
Chambers🏃‍♀️: I heard read nurse Calvin's email. Rest up I hope you'll be okay for the next comp! We miss our captain! We've got you, Alyssa, Maya and a few others out for the same thing. Rest up, coaches orders! [sent at 1:15pm]

Me: yes ma'am! [sent now]

Alyssa😍:
Alyssa😍: you sure you should be out? Mono is no joke, make sure you rest okay? I hope we can talk soon. [sent at 3:12pm]

Me: I'm okay. I just need time to think, I hope that's alright. [sent now]

Maya walked back in the room, she had a water bottle with her this time.

"You're up. I've got to pick up my sister, her stupid boyfriend got too high and can't take her home. You gonna be okay here till I get back?" She asks, drinking the water bottle.

I nod yes.

"Okay, call me if something happens. If you get hungry or thirsty just get something out of the kitchen. I'll be back in 15!" She explains, then walks back out of the room.

I heard the front door close shortly after, I stood up and walked into the living room. I'm in Maya Romero's apartment alone, who would've thought. I grab a water bottle from the fridge and plop down on the couch. I scroll on tik Tok for about fifteen minutes, and I hear the door unlock. I'm walks Maya and her younger sister, Maya puts her keys away and her sister plops next to me on the couch. She looks over just now noticing me.

"Hey you're that girl from the one party! Uh Gage right?" The girl asks, she knows me?

What party? Ohhh right.

"Yeah that's me, I'm sorry I don't remember your name. I was a little drunk when we met." I explain.

"Veronica, but just call me Ronnie. Everyone does." She tells me, I nod understanding.

"How do you know Maya?" She asks, my eyes go wide then I look over at maya who's already looking at me.

"Bad question I'm guessing, I know my sister is..." she pauses looking at an annoyed Maya

"A difficult person." She finishes.

"Okay, before Ronnie blabs my whole life story. Gage do you wanna watch a movie in my room?" Maya interrupts.

I was about to answer but Ronnie butted in.

"Oh come on Maya, just watch a movie in here. We can all watch together. Here I'll sit in the middle, you can sit next to me." Ronnie says, patting the empty seat on the couch.