8.

"Where did you learn to cook like this?" I ask, taking another bite of my food.

"I would totally love to share that with you but, that's a story for another time." She says, taking a drink of water.

"Ou, the mystery that is you. I guess it's true what they say, people are intrigued by the unknown." I reply, smiling at her.

BUZZ. BUZZ. BUZZ.

I get a notification from Instagram.
@ itsalyssa has posted a photo.

These stupid post notifications get annoying sometimes.

"Your friends blowing you up again?" She asks, acknowledging my sudden interest in my phone.

"No, I got a post notification is all." I explain.

"Oh, so who we stalking?" She asks, jokingly and scooting closer to see.

"Stop it's not stalking it's my uh, friend Alyssa. The blonde one." I answer, lightly elbowing her for her comment.

"Oh, the one annoying one, gotchu. What did little  miss stuck up post?" She asks, looking at my phone.

"Let's look." I say clicking the notification.

I click the notification; my eyes almost pop out of my head. It's a picture of Alyssa kissing a dark-haired girl at the party. The caption being, I kissed a girl, and I liked it. She tagged the girl as well, @ trin.ity. So, she can be seen with this girl but not me, What the fuck?!?

"Is that your little blond friend kissing, trinity banks?" Maya asks confused.

"I uh. I guess it is." I answer, angry grit to my voice.

"You, okay?" Maya asks, referring to my change of tone.

I don't hear her. I zone out, thinking. What the actual fuck. That's the only words I can think right now. I feel hands on my face, my thoughts start to disappear. I look at Maya.

"Hey what's wrong? Everything okay?" She questions.

"Not really, I guess. Can I tell you something? Without you getting mad?" I ask her.

"I don't think I could get mad from you telling me something. What's on your mind?" She questions, taking her hands off my face.

"My friend Alyssa, the blonde in the photo. At the party, she told me she liked me back. She asked me if I liked her back, I told her yes. I um I used to have this thing for her, I'm not too sure about it anymore." I say, pausing trying to find something to read on her face. Nothing. Just blank.

"She told me that, she couldn't be with me, that she didn't want people to see us together. She said, she wanted to see me though. that when I was with her, she wanted me to be hers, but when we weren't together, I could be worth whomever I wanted. I wanted to tell you, so you knew. I feel it's important you know." I finish. She just nods her head.

"Do you still plan on having these, terms with her?" She asks. Still not emotion to be read on her face.

"I don't think that would be in my best interest." I answer.