4.

"Take a picture it'll last longer." I say to the taller girl, while I erase something on my math work.

"Im sure you'd like that." She responds with that stupid over arrogant confidence she always has, I'm sure with that stupid cocky smile too.

"I could care less if you do or don't, you're the one staring at me." I reply being short, but for some reason intrigued on this girls staring problem.

"Im not staring, I looked at you for a few seconds is that such a crime clumsy?" She asks clearly trying to feed into my annoyance.

"I told you not to call me that." I say referring to the stupid "Nick name" she keeps using.

"Does it bother you?" She asks trying to tease me. What is up with this girl?

"It would probably bother you too if I called you something that wasn't your name." I respond in defense but still being short of emotion with the girl not to give her, what she wants. All while still trying to do my homework.

"I'm sure any name you come up with work bother me, you don't even know me." She challenges, finally earning my attention.

I look up from my book at her, she looks at me with that dumb smile.

"Sure I don't know you Maya." I say to her giving her a cocky smile back.

"See you've got nothing clumsy, ouuu my first name." She teases again, giving a laugh.

"I don't need to prove anything to someone who can't seem to learn my name." I challenge back, looking back at my work.

She grabs my pencil, and moves my hand then taking my work book. She looks over it and erases part of my work. Then puts the book down on her lap and, looks at me while also pointing at the book with the pencil.

"Your work is close but your missing something. Why didn't you check the slope?" She asks circling a part in the word problem.

"What?" I ask her confused

"You're answer its always gonna be off, unless you find the slope." She explains giving me the book and pencil back.

I start writing again this time finding the slope and, the answer matches. I look at her with a confused look. This girl doesn't even show up most of the year but, can solve my math homework with a quick once over. What the hell is going on here? This is Maya Romero, the annoying, loud mouth, party/ fuck girl SOLVING my math work. The world really doesn't make any sense.

"Don't tell anyone I helped you, I don't want anyone to think I'm associated with you clumsy." She says looking around at the track. I assume to make sure no one was looking at her helping me.

"Relax, I don't want anyone putting you and I in the same box either." I say taken back by her comment. Why did I care though?

"What is your name anyway? Might as well know if you're gonna keep bumping into me." She teases, and we're back to this. Fun.

"It's not intentional trust me. If you need to know, my name is Gage." I reply going back to my annoyed tone.

"Gage? Isn't that a boys name?" She asks sounding confused,