9.

I wake up to my room door opening. The light turns on, it's Charli. She turns a lamp on, then looks over at my bed.

"Sorry I didn't mean to wake you up." She apologizes.

"It's fine. What time is it?" I ask still groggy.

"It's like, 7 something in the morning." She answers, taking off her shoes.

"Where are you coming in so early from?" I ask, rubbing my eyes.

"I was at Sara's, her an I got in a fight so I came home till I had to go to class." She explained, sitting on my bed.

Yikes, is everyone having girl problems?

"I'm sorry, everything okay?" I ask.

She shrugs.

"I wanna say yes but, I'd be lying." She says, looking down at her hands.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" I ask

She nods no.

"Come here." I say reaching out to hug her. She leans into me. I can here her breath hitching, she's crying.

"She wants to take a break. She asked me if I've ever felt like being together, stole my chance to date around." She said, her voice cracking here and there.

"What?" I question confused while, playing with her hair.

"I told her no, that I've never once even looked at another girl other than her. She told me not to get upset, that she wanted to get something off of her chest." She pauses.

I listen

"She cheated on me." She continues. Tears flowing down her face.

"Charli, I'm so sorry. I can't believe Sara would do that." I respond hugging her right. She buried her face in my chest, sobbing more. I could feel my shirt getting wet but, in this moment I could deal with it.

"I got mad, my thoughts were just gone. I just started walking. She followed me, and got me to get in the car with her. She told me, it wasn't supposed to happen. She said she didn't regret it though." She continued, willing her face.

I look at the broken Charli, how could Sara nod something like that. Charli doesn't deserve this kind of hurt, she would even kill an ant. She's to pure for this kind of hurt.

"I'm sorry Charli. Hey, I'll stay with you all day in the dorm today. We can skip class, and I'll skip practice. I'll order some food, and we can watch romance movies. I'll make fun of the main characters love interest with you." I suggests.

"Thank you Gage." She accepts, leaning back into me.

"Of course, I won't let you be alone. I've got you Charli." I comfort her, hugging her.

Charli and I laid down in my bed, she fell asleep eventually. I think she was too tired from the crying. She had her head on my chest while I held her, my arm was going numb but I didn't dare move it.

I decided to text my coach and explain that I won't be at practice today. I really don't want to be benched again, I'm not in the mood to be alone with Maya today. I had to come up with a better excuse then what's really happening. I got it!