15.

We fell asleep, bodies tired from track practice and our previous actions. I assume Charli and Ronnie came back some time in the night, we didn't hear them though; we were knocked out. I felt safe, sleeping in Maya's arms. She feels like home. I need that, being so far from my real home; having a sense of home here is nice. I used to think I would never let anyone this close again, I was wrong. All the fear, nerves, doubt, anger, pain. It all seized to exist, in the company of Maya. If a heartbreak were to be the outcome of this, I just don't think I could take it. I don't think I could ever love again. My heart is too damaged now, if something else happened well; it would shatter me.

I finally wake up, Ronnie, Maya, and Charli were already awake. I look up at Maya, she smiled at me and kissed my forehead.

"Good morning." She said, while I stretched.

"Good morning." I replied, looking at the other two.

"You're finally awake sleeping beauty." Charli said.

"Yeah yeah." I responded.

"What time is it?" I asked the room.

"10:15am." Ronnie replied.

Fuck, Henry!

"Fuck I'm late I gotta get up!" I exclaimed, rushing up out of bed.

"Late for what? It's Wednesday, the university is closed today and; your work is too for remodeling." Maya explained.

"Yeah where are you in a rush too?" Charli asked me.

"Remember Henry?" I asked charli.

"Yeah, what about him?" Charli questioned.

"I made plans to meet at miss. Daisy's. He's going to help me with my poetry homework." I explained.

"Ohhhh okay, good call. I've got to remember that for my English class." Charli replied, while playing with Ronnie's hair.

"Who's Henry?" Maya asked, while sitting up.

"This guy Charli and I met, at a coffee spot. He's good with poetry, so I asked for his help." I responded, getting dressed.

Maya nodded showing she understood.

"You need a ride? Or want me to come with you?" Maya asked, swinging her legs over the side of the bed.

"It's okay, it's better if you stay here. I already know I'll be too distracted if you come, it's just homework." I explain, holding her face then kissing her.

"You sure? I can be quiet." She told me, looking up at me.

"Maya you sound like a lost puppy. You'll be fine for a few hours, just stay here with Charli and me. You don't have to be with Gage, every minute of the day." Ronnie teases her sister. Maya gave her a dirty look.

"Im not a lost puppy, I just get bored when I'm not with you." She explained, as I put my shoes on and grabbed my backpack.

"Maya, you'll be okay. You can always text me while I'm out. I won't be gone too long, just stay here. It'll be fine." I told her, walking over to her to kiss her goodbye.