11.

KNOCK. KNOCK. KNOCK.

I get yo and go to the door, there's a lady I don't know with a nurse uniform on. Oh the nurses assistant fuck is it 9am already.

"Good morning dear, nurse Calvin wanted me to give these to you ladies." She explains, handing me a bag of medication.

"Thank you." I reply, taking the bag from the older women.

"No problem dear, the instructions for the medicines are on the bottles. Have a good day." She says, walking a way.

I close the door and put the bag on Charli's night stand.

"Who was that?" Charli asked while yawning.

"The nurse's assistant dropping stuff off." I explain, grabbing my phone off the floor.

"Oh damn it's 9am already? Guess we slept in." She responds, getting up and stretching.

"I guess so, I guess today starts day one of rest leave. Fuuunnnn." I say sarcastically.

"I'll take two weeks of no school work and laying in bed anyday. Plus once we go back, it'll be February and close to spring break." She replies, going into the bathroom.

February. Oh fuck I should text my boss about this, I won't be able to go to work.

I pull my phone out and text my boss

Mr. Gabriel🖨
Me: good morning sir, I'm informing you of some information I've had come to my attention yesterday evening. I won't be able to come to work for the next two weeks, my university nurse has informed me that; I've contracted Mono and Pneumonia. I will be back the 1st if the month sir. I apologize for any inconveniences, this may cause.

I hope he isn't too upset.

BUZZ. BUZZ. BUZZ.

Mr. Gabriel🖨: that's quite alright Gage. I'll have my Assistant Dustin working your columns till then, so you won't be backed up. Get plenty of rest. I'll see you then. Have you had any time to think on the conversation we had Sunday?

I forgot, the promotion. I've been so busy, but who can blame me. This kind of decision takes time, I'm not sure what my mom would say.

Me: thank you sir. I'm still thinking about it, it's a major opportunity. I just have something's I need to think about before I decide.

Mr. Gabriel🖨: of course, just keep me updated. Have a good day gage.

Me: I will! You have a good day too sir.

I've got to make a decision on this. On one hand, it's far away and I'll have to leave school, my friends, track, and all though I'm not sure where it's going Maya. On the other it's a fresh start, it's something I love, good pay, and my own department. I don't know what to do. I hear Charli come out of the bathroom, and sits next to me.

"Hey." She says, putting her hand on my knee to get my attention.

"Why so down? What's wrong?" She asks

I hesitate for a second, it's Charli. She out of anyone would understand and keep it 100% honest no matter her feelings on it.