7.

BEEP. BEEP. BEEP.
BEEP. BEEP. BEE...

Ugh, I'm not ready to be up right now. I look at the time, 6:25am. I have to get ready, I don't want to be late. I grab my black button up and, dark grey work pants and get dressed. I brush my hair and put it in a pony tail, brush my teeth and race to grab my keys.

I head to work, too tired to even think. Why do I subject myself to this every Sunday and Wednesday? Money, yeah that's why. Atleast it's a short drive and a short shift. I park my car looking at the clock on my radio, 6:47am. I still have 9 minutes till doors open. I turn my car off and pull my phone out.

1 text from M🌺 from 12:34am.

M🌺
M🌺: let them be confused, it's none of there business now is it?

I laugh.

Me: true but, what happened to keeping it out of view? 🫣

I text.

I scroll on instagram, I look at my notifications tab 1 follow request.

Follow request from: daisycafe
Accept ✅ or Decline 🚫

I click on the profile, just as I assumed. The coffee shop owner from yesterday, I accept the request and follow the account back.

1 text from M🌺

I click the notification, rerouting me to the text.

M🌺
M🌺: it's out of view, I haven't given the public anything to write home about. Now why don't you tell me, why you're up at this time?

I smile.

Me: I suppose you're right. Unfortunately I'm at work, not the answer I wish I could give. Trust me I'd rather be anywhere else then here.

I send back.

I check the time, 6:52am I might as well go to the door. I unbuckle and get out of the car, walking to the building.

BUZZ. BUZZ. BUZZ.

I open my phone.

1 text from M🌺

M🌺
M🌺: work? So you're a full time student and you work? Busy you are Gage. What place had the pleasure of onboarding you?

Me: that I am. There's no time for rest. I'd rather not give that up, and have you bug me at my place of work. You'll have to do without that information. Why is it you are up so early?

I reply.

The manager opens the doors, the team all heading inside not too excited to start the day. I head to my office, setting my bag and other belongings down. I turn my laptop on, I always wonder how this thing doesn't get dusty between work days. I sit down and log in, letting the system slowly boot up.

KNOCK. KNOCK.

I hear on the frame of my office door. I look up, it's my boss.

"Mornin Gage." He says stepping into my office

"Good morning sir." I greet back looking at him.