Chapter 29: Info Dump

*Mepad's P.O.V*

"He's awake....", the unfamiliar female spoke in awe.

She and Balloon looked shocked and rather nervous at that. I suppose they weren't expecting me to wake up so soon.

I think they realized that they were still staring since I was staring at them rather confused. That's when Balloon decided to break the silence.

"Um... Hey Mepad. How are you?", he asked with nervousness.

I suppose that does make sense, Balloon was the cautious type during the season. I feel rather bad for the boy, he was almost always alone during the season.

I say almost because I would see him with Trophy heading out in secret and he and Suitcase had an adorable friendship. He tried so hard to make friends, but he left with none but Suitcase and perhaps Trophy.

"I am doing well Mr. Loon.", I answer him.

"That's good. Heh. Um... How are you feeling?", he asked afterwards.

"I'm feeling rather well. How about you?", I answered.

"Oh. Um... i'm good! A little nervous, but good.", he answered back.

"That's swell! I'm glad you're doing well even after your elimination.", I say 'happily'.

"Oh... y-yea...", he trialed.

Hm. Maybe it was too soon? But it's been just about 3 months since he's been eliminated. Him and Nickel actually.

I wanted to ponder further, but I notice the female. I almost forgot about her. I decided to ask for her name.

"Hello there. I am Mepad. What is your name miss?", I asked the female.

She looked a little stunned, like she wasn't expecting me to bring her up. She quickly replies afterwards.

"Oh. U-um. I'm.... T-Taco.", she stuttered.

"It's a pleasure to meet you Ms. Taco.", I say.

She doesn't respond back. She gives a small, but noticable nods as a way of saying 'same'. I give her a reasurring smile, which she gives back.

"So, do you know where we are?", I decided to ask.

I realized that sure I am in a cabin and it might be theirs, but where it's located I am not sure of. So, if anybody knows, it would be them.

"Oh. This is my cabin. We're in the woods where the show used to be.", Taco explained.

'Used to be?', I questioned in my mind.

"I'm sorry... used to be? Is the show finished?", I pondered.

They both look at each other and back at me. I think they realized that I'm not sure what was going on. The last thing I know is that me and Mephone had a disagreement and I left.

Then, something happened soon afterwards. I was deactivated and now I'm waking up here. So, I'm clearly missing somethings from the show.

"Um. Well.. the show was put on hiatus...", Taco explains with a hint of sadness.

"Hiatus? Why? Is everything okay?", I asked, 'worried' about Mephone.

It's at times like these where I wish I could feel emotions. Sometimes being built without emotions is rather blissful. But there are times where it would feel super useful, like right now.