maybe the night; p.jh

Neutral Reader

"You ready?" you asked Jihyo, pulling your chair closer to the crackling fire. She sent you a lazy smile and leaned back in her seat, breathing in the clean mountain breeze. She wrapped her jacket closer to her body and puffed out a small cloud of visible air.

"Yeah."

You nodded in satisfaction, reaching out for the packet of aurora fire powder and dumping a pinch into your fire. The vibrant colors reflected in your eyes, lighting up your face. "Pretty," you mumbled.

You moved your chair once again to rest beside Jihyo's, offering her your hand. She took it gratefully and laid her head on your shoulder, watching the flames flicker and dance. The full moon shone brightly above, seemingly shining just for you on this special night.

Jihyo started to hum a melody, her soothing voice entering your ears and calming your mind.

The two of you sat there together, cherishing the memory and the presence of each other, hands intertwined and legs outstretched. Today was your 5th anniversary, and you marveled at the fact that you've been together for so long, and even longer before you started dating.

You fumbled with something in your pocket, wondering when was the right time to give it.

Now? During dinner? After dinner? Before going to sleep?

But you got your answer when Jihyo spoke again. "Hey, Y/N?"

"Hm?"

"Do you ever wonder about the future?"

"What about the future?"

"Ours." She tilted her head to the side. "Together. You and I."

You gripped her hand a little tighter. This was the moment. "Yeah," you mumbled. "I've thought about it a lot. I can see myself growing old with you, living together with you, making memories with you. Maybe we can potentially have kids together. I love you." You paused. "I love us."

She gazed at you fondly, awaiting your next words. But you didn't continue, since you were also waiting for her reaction. She looked up at the sky. Because the moon was so bright, the stars weren't very visible, but she stared nevertheless.

"Me, too."

That was it. That was your cue. You stood up, turning her attention to you. You pointed up at the white orb hanging in the sky. "Do you see the moon? It's beautiful, isn't it?"

"Yes," she whispered breathlessly, about to turn to ask you why you'd asked that when she gasped at the sight.

You were on one knee, holding out a silver ring with a small diamond engraved into it. You were staring up at her expectantly. "Jihyo, I've loved you so strongly, so deeply, and I hope you feel the same with me. I would do anything you asked me to, even find a way to fly to the moon and back if it made you smile. I want to be a part of your life forever, and for you to be a part of mine.

Would you make me the happiest person on Earth, and allow me to love you for longer than death?"

Jihyo was rendered speechless. Her heart swelled with joy, converting into tears that spilled from her eyes. She pulled you into a tight hug, repeatedly saying 'yes'.

You pulled away, only to place a tender kiss on her lips.

________________

just a short one (shorter than the song, at least) , but hope u enjoyed!

requested by: lowkey_toowise

(idk how to tag ppl sorryyyryyryyry)