chapter 66: you will all burn

The girls were so afraid as they were pushed into an old barn.

Their mother was still unconscious and they put her on the ground. Lily and jennie held on to her with all their strength as two women and some men were talking.

"Mama please wake up," Lily whispered to Zazi as she was shaking zazi in fear. Jennie's noise was red and she was trembling from the crying.

Just then, zazi started blinking and looking around.
"Mama!" Lily called out and she and Jennie hugged her tightly.

Zazi looked around to register where they were when she saw Katrina and Martha walking towards them.

"Surprised slave?" Katrina said grinning.

Zazi looked around and realized they were in a place she didn't know. A horse stable that was old and empty.

"Katrina? What are what is.... What is all this?"

"Kidnapping and killing." She said as she took out a gun.

Zazi held her daughters tightly then looked at Martha.

"Yes. We are working together." Martha said as if reading zazi's mind.

"What you want?"

"Revenge... For you hitting me. You thought you could get away with it? You thought a slave like you just because you married a white man, you could get away with hurting a white woman. You thought you could get away with threaten a white woman? Hit her? Now you'll will know your place."

"Okay, your beef is with me, let my children go."

"Those little negro babies? They are a stain to our name. You will die together. A mummy and babies. "

Zazi held on to the children hard when she saw the gun in her hand.

"I could shoot you. But no, that is too quick and merciful. I want you to suffer. A painful death. I want you to scream and cry in pain as you burn."

The men around the came in with containers full of oil.

Zazi looked at her odds. She was out numbered and she had two children to protect.

"Zazi, aren't you going to ask me anything?"

Zazi just stayed quiet and it annoyed Katrina. But she still wanted to talk anyway.

"You had me spend more than a month in a jail sail? Because you felt all high and mighty. Let's see who is save you and you and your negro children burn. I can just imagine your screams."

Instead of zazi listening to her, paying attention, she was looking around.

Looking for anything, anything that would help her at least get her children out of here.

Obviously, as soon as they set the stable on fire, they would leave.