chapter 46: party

Anna was a no show that day so she takes forever to get ready despite binti helping her.

She just wasn't in the mood. She couldn't believe her brother marrying that witch even after everything they did.

She still hasn't forgiven Sebastian for just leaving and she never got an explanation why.

She felt this night should have been him and zazi if he didn't bail on her.

The carriage stops and zazi is holding lily's hand and Arnold's Jennie. They walk in the manor in style and immediately all eyes are on them.

Crane was the noble of the nobles so he drew attention wherever he went. And zazi was a black girl dressed in the finest. They even nicknamed her, the royal slave.

Sebastian was greeting was guests with Katrina. He turned to see who was creating all this attention. And then he saw her.

He froze. His eyes went wide, skin pale, his ears almost deaf to everyone.

Zazi?
How could it be?

She greeted some guests warmly. He noticed they had two mixed children. Girls. Could one of them or both of them be his? They looked the same age.

A little girl and boy came and the children follow them somewhere.
Arnold had his hand on wrapped around zazi as he talked.

And zazi, was just okay. Okay with him touching her

"Who are they?"Katrina asked.

"That's Arnold crane. The famous jewel designer who makes all the collections everyone wants to get their hands on. He is a powerful man even in his place. His brothers run england but he is the leader, the head. He is so rich its crazy. He wasn't like this though, it started 7 years ago. (3 years after his wife left him).  And he is only getting bigger. And that is his wife and a the mother of his two daughters, zazi."

"Zazi?" No. Was it the same? All Sebastian heard was 'the mother of his two daughters.'

"Yes. Zazi Crane. A slave he freed. They got married soon after having their twins."

The girls were twins... He was told zazi only had one child.

Katrina wants to be sure its zazi so decided to get closer.

"My love, lets go say hi."

He followed her to the cranes and his eyes and  zazi's met. She just looked at him like she didn't know him.

"Zazi, how are you?" Katrina asked.

"Katrina Holland. Good to see you again." She replied.

"My pleasure. Please introduce us to your husband."

"Sure. My love, this Katrina and and this is Sebastian Lockwood. Jacob's son. Katrina, sebastian, this is my husband. Arnold crane"

My love... Husband....

His eyes just looked at zazi and didn't say nothing. He wanted to ask where she had been. Why wasn't she dead. About their baby.

"I saw you came with your children."
This time arnold answered.

"Yes, we've been blessed with two daughters. They are around here somewhere," just then lily came running and Jennie following behind her from a distance.