Chapter 7

To say it was an overload of information...was an understatement. I've never had this mind out of commission type feeling before till now. I think Gavril didn't realize my brain wasn't powered like a paranormal that way. When he wants to make a statement, he does. Thankfully this time, I got some new clothes for Mom and I even after all that brain cramming. I still felt a tinsy bit guilty for how I managed to wrangle Gavril into letting me pay for these clothes-since his Father's going to be my tutor, I might let it slip about the times he would sneak off to practice by himself when he told his Father he did not. It's nice for someone to do something nice, but I don't want Gavril to buy everything. Like I said, I only know him a little more than a day. Mom was quiet, like she was in her own world. We gone by a cook out place for some take out with some fried fish for Casper (he loved eating bbq fish).

We pulled up to the house, where boxes upon boxes of packages were outside on the front porch. "What on Earth is this?" Mom gaped. I blinked at her like this was a no brainer. "It's the stuff we needed to buy today. They all sent them to us, did you forget?"

"No because it's all in the back of the SUV," Mom said, opening the trunk to show all the bags and items. I glanced between the boxes, clearly labeled KitchenAid, Belk, Macy's, Teavana, Pottery Barn, etc. "Uh...mine were sent. I didn't need to take them back to the car or anything. They offered to send them to our home," I said slowly, glancing between Mom's bags and my boxes. Something wasn't adding up. "Waiiiit a minute," I narrowed my eyes. GAVRIL!!! YOU!!!

What?! Are you all right?!

What did you do with those store employees?!

...Pardon?

You did something. Mom's list of items, she had to bring them to the car. Mine were all sent home, conveniently.

...Er I'm sorry but I'm kind of busy right now. Mother's needing my attention. Suddenly, I felt this concrete slab slam down on the connection. "Oh my skittles! He just blocked me out! He walled me!" I gaped. "Geez! I can't hear a thing either! GAVRIL!!" I hollered out loud. He ran away from me! "Honey...um...it's fine for him to do something nice for you."

"He's BEEN TOO NICE all day! He paid everything except the clothes because I threatened him!" I fumed at Mom.

"Ah..." Mom sighed. She knew I had a complex against people buying me stuff. In elementary school, a teacher thought it would be a nice idea, seeing me always wearing the same clothes two days in a row before changing, to get donations from her classmates' families to be able to wear clothes just once per week. The teacher never knew the rumors and name calling my classmates picked up on from eavesdropping on their parents when they talked about me. "I don't believe the employees would know much. Gavril wouldn't do something without taking into account the reactions that may come of it."

"Then why did he run away?"

"Shelly. Please. You're scary witty when you get mad. You can talk a person into thinking they did something terribly wrong when you want them to. Gavril's smart to run and pick his battles. I like this boy more and more!" Mom squealed. I sighed and let my head fall. Ugh. Mom's taking this too joyfully.

Casper ate three fried fish before he called it a night and went back upstairs. Once we finished our dinner, Mom went upstairs to file out some information that her job had sent to her. While I brought the boxes in, Gavril slowly reopened the connection and checked to make sure of how I was. I told him it was fine and that I wasn't mad at him. Mom later found the other parts of the cat tree and set it up for Casper, while I got the kitchen and living room items put in place. It was around 9PM when we got most of the stuff done and just needed to heave-ho our clothing bags up stairs. We plopped down on the couch, taking a breather. "So, Mom. Paranormals start school early. Is there anything special in store for me?" I said, starting to lasso the elephant in the room.

"Gavril told you, eh?"

"Yeep. His dad's going to be my very own tutor. How did that come to be?"

"It was Sandri's wish. You don't have any marks on your wrists, do you?" she asked. I moved my wrists around and there was nothing. "Since Heaton deals with humans on a far more regular basis, and you being her son's Life Mate, Sandri requested him to be your tutor-else she would do it herself," Mom said. "Sandri's health isn't the best. It's better, but still not very well. She wanted you to have all the facts and the best way to do that is to get her husband to be your tutor."

"I'm meeting his parents already and it will be less than a month? Gavril said it would be in July."

"It's better to meet them sooner than later. We all know how you get when you get nervous."

"Did you have to go?"

"...No. I had Grandma teach me. Then I went to the regular school year."

"Why the change? Why do I need to learn at the school like the paranormals?"

"It's something Heaton has been worrying about. Just want to cover his basis. It's also a great opportunity. You will one day be the Nature Speaker. You'll need to interact and know about paranormals on a daily basis. Going to school with them will make it easier of a transition. Gavril will be there to help you out if you get confused or lost."

"Mr. Heaton's a business man, will tutoring me, you know, less time and more stress?"

"Oh heck no. He's actually thrilled! Sandri has been trying to get him to take more vacation days off. This'll be great!"

"How does this school work?"

"It'll be like a regular school day. You don't have to dress up or anything. No uniforms. Classes, from what Sandri told me...will be from history of paranormal culture to magic training, and then spells and incantations if the child's able to. I know you can, but Heaton will discuss this with you. You'll just meet him in the Head Office on the first day. Just don't-"

"Zap him. I know," I finished her sentence. She patted my head before standing up and stretching. "Now time to sleep! Night, Honey. I love you," Mom leaned down to kiss the top of my head.

"Love you too, Mom." I sat at the couch a while longer. I couldn't help the feeling that Mom and the others weren't telling me. I looked back down at my wrists, freezing when I saw something. When I had my palms up, in the middle area of my wrists, there was an tiny X in silver, making it catch the light when I turned my wrists left and right. The markings have started.