Chapter 6

With Gavril directing where to find things, it was so much easier. Employees and shoppers alike would stare at him but I got used to that since he's like a beacon in here. It couldn't be helped. I got a game going though that kept things entertaining. I got tired of people approaching and wanting to converse with him nonstop. Since he still held my hand, I had to stop and stand by and watch them converse. I would start singing lyrics in my head loud enough to see what would distract him. Once he caught on to that, he would hold my hand tighter and would zone out my lyrics once he knew I wasn't in any danger or something. I would then ask him random questions and riddles, while the person would ask him something else. That didn't do much since he was really really good at multitasking. Now, the game's morphed into one where if I spotted someone approaching, I would quickly slip away, leaving him caught and held behind while I went around laughing up a fit and getting the things I needed.

He already wrangled his way into somehow, before we even near the cash registers, have the items already paid for. I couldn't figure out how he did this-still can't. We entered together. He followed me around like a shadow-a comfortable one that talks on occasion. He never pulled his cell out like I've been doing to check the list of things Ma wanted me to get-now that she's still with Sandri Chrys. Maybe it's just the mojo of being the son of Heaton Chrys. I was also getting a better sense of knowing where he was. Its weird but it was comforting, knowing at least someone here wasn't viewing me like a zoo animal. "Found you," he whispered next to my ear. I jumped and spun around. "Woah you're quiet!" I gasped. He beamed at his accomplishment. Boys will be boys. I finished the lists a while back. Now, I just have to buy Ma and I some clothes for daily wear. Mom wanted to get her suits herself which suits me just fine. "I've been wondering, I know you can shock people but...anything else? How does this shock work?" Gavril questioned. I paused and looked back at him. "What? Did I say something wrong?" he frowned.

"No...just...no ones ever asked...I just started doing it after a while. Ma can do it too but not Grandma. I just...it's unconscious now, but I feel out particles and then charge them up...zap! I can do more but using too much makes me tired. Can be far away or up close. At first...I would fry anything electric but once I got a hand on it, I'm able to control it. I do talk to Casper, my 'Gypsy Companion,' as he likes to call himself. He's a cat that Grandma gave me on my sixteenth birthday. I can't talk back to him like we do. He uses thought projection. If certain words have meanings he doesn't understand, he doesn't get it. But if I say it, he does. He was just a faint whisper in my mind. The more time we spent together, the stronger the bond. I thought it was the same with you," I gave a sheepish laugh.

"So that's why you ran away so fast," Gavril said. I nodded my head. "There's other stuff that I'm supposedly am able to do. But, living outside with humans made it a tad difficult to learn."

"Helvinski's Private School have those courses. You're next in line for the Nature Speaker position. You might be tested first tho," he said, sorting through the t-shirts hanging on the racks.

"Yeah...I might be in the lowest beginner of beginner courses on that one if I have to learn from a class," I frowned. I never thought of that. Mom never stressed magic training while we lived in Florida. "I thought Helvinski's Private School was just that."

"You forget, majority are paranormal. We can't just learn our set of skills out in the community. Too dangerous."

"When do you do those classes then when you have a full schedule of classes already?" I asked wide-eyed. I hope its not on top of all the courses I wanted and needed to take. When would I have time to ask for the recommendation letters?!

"Relax. It's after school or evenings.

"Night?! When do you have time to do homework? Rest???"