Chapter 18

I jolted and scrambled. I have to get away! My feet hit something, causing me to topple and fall to the ground. Pain blossomed from my left cheek and my right hand that was squashed between my body and the hard ground. I pushed and shoved things out of my way, unable to focus or make sense of where I was and what was happening. I just have to get out of here! "Vampire--Where's the Vamp?!" I yelled and swiveled my head in all directions. I saw furniture but...this didn't make an acorn of sense! "Shelly...calm down." I flinched and crawled away from the sound. The Demon's here! I need to get away! Hide hide hide--somewhere to-- 

"KYAAAAAAA!"  I screamed and pelted my fists at whatever it was that caught me. As a last ditch effort, I bit down hard at the arm in front of me. Get-off-get-off-get-off-MEEEE!!!  

"Shelly--it's me. Babe please--calm down. Remember my voice?" 

What is this? No-no-no! It's a trick! Demons can manipulate thoughts! He's got me!

"Little One...no one's going to harm you. I swear. It's Gavril. You're safe. We're at the school. Helvinski's Private School. Father had to show you memories. Those are just memories." I bit down harder tasting blood. Nothing made sense! This wasn't real! Little One. I picked you up this morning in my red sports car. You weren't impressed at all the night before but you told me you liked the design. This morning, you wore a T-shirt that said 'I Love Dogs.' I thought it was the most adorable thing when you sounded so in love with that pet...you made me a bit envious of Fae. When we arrived at the school, Father was waiting for us at the door entrance with a crowd of people. I felt my heart slowly calm down. Things made some sense. I remember the red car. Our talk. Fae. Meeting Heaton. But...this still didn't feel right. Like it was unstable. You actually waited for me to open the car door this time. I...overreacted last night when you opened the door and got in yourself. I had this image of me being the perfect gentleman and got disappointed when it didn't happen. This morning...I was afraid of what would happen. When I returned home after taking you back to your's, Father had told me that if I ever received news about the Seal of Solomon's movements, he would need to let you know what happened 19 years ago. He told me the memories--one would be the me from not long ago. I felt immeasurable regret, sadness, and fear. Why do I feel these things? I felt you that night...trying to figure out how to read my memories. I had to distract you. I didn't want you to pick up anything till Father had shown you the memories. 

It felt like a movie reel on triple X fast forward. Me waking up. Running around to find my cell. Red sports car. Gavril holding my hand at school. Cold eyes. Whispers. Meeting Heaton. Gavril leaving. Heaton touching my temples. Heaton's memories. I blinked and finally slowly looked around the room taking in everything. Toppled chairs scattered all around the office space. A long table laden with food. Broken dishes on the rug. Me sitting on the dark wooden floor between two longer pair of legs clad in dark blue jeans. I took a deep breath through my nose and smelled it. Gavril's scent. A spiced scent laced with pine. I snapped out of my funk and quickly let go of the arm, "Oh no!" I clutched his forearm. "I-I-I'm sorry!" I frantically looked around for something to stop the bleeding. I grabbed the hem of my shirt and pressed down on my teeth marks. I bit Gavril. I bit him! Oh my god I bit him! "What did I do?!" My shirt wasn't stopping the bleeding. Gavril forcibly tugged his arm out of my hold and wrapped the arm and his undamaged one around me. My back thumped against his chest as he tightened his hold. "G-Gavril? Oh--I'm sorry for--can we get that looked at? Gavril?!" I was about to hyperventilate from realizing what I've just done. Everything still felt slow but I could link the thought of biting and actually biting him in my head now. They weren't just words or phrases flitting around my mind. However, everything else was like a swarm of words that set my head whirling.