Chapter 16

Shelly was now in someone else's room. Clothes and things were strewn all over the deep green bedroom. The blinds on the windows were slightly closed, indicating that it was still day time. There was a guitar that was well used lying on the bed like it was the most precious item in the entire place. Trophies and other memorabilia hung all over the walls along with framed pictures. Before Shelly made her way over, to take a closer look, she saw a person's profile in her left eye's periphery. Turning, she was startled to see an angry looking Heaton, leaning against a messy desk with his hands in his black dress pant pockets. His shiny blue dress shirt had the top two collar undone and his sleeves rolled up to his elbows. He crossed his legs at the ankles and stared intently at the open door leading out of the room. "Okay...?" Shelly looked around, not seeing anyone cringing in fear or begging for forgiveness on their hands and knees. She stood still and tried to listen for any noise.

Tick. Toc. Tick. Toc. Tick. A clock somewhere in the room was the only sound till she heard a faint giggling and a shushing. "Uh oh...someone's in..." Shelly never finished the thought because she had a sinking feeling about what was just about to happen and who was the other main character in this scene. "No," she shook her head as she looked back at Heaton, who still stood perfectly still, eyes flinty. A blonde girl in a pink skater skirt and a deep red cami top was stumbling as she was backed into the room. Her arms were wrapped around a tall guy with dark wavy hair wearing a letter jacket. When the girl let go and giggled, the guy lifted his head. Shelly's gut twisted harshly, making her take deep breaths. She fisted her fingers, her nails digging into her palms to inflict pain; pain that would stop her from the hurt and feeling of wanting to cry. "This is just a memory...this is just a memory, this is just a memory," she repeated over and over.

Gavril smirked, showing a dimple in his right cheek before he ducked his head and swooped in to kiss the girl again. Shelly quickly turned away to avoid seeing the scene. "Your parents out-of-town?" the girl purred in a low voice, red sparks flying from the Witch's fingers.

"What do you think?" Gavril asked back in a husky voice.

"Well, well," she whispered and leaned into him for another kiss.

"You two don't even know how to kiss properly," Heaton's deep voice carried through the room. The two jolted apart and spun to face him. Shelly couldn't help it, the face of the girl was now engraved in her mind. She had long blonde locks that looked well taken care of and very light and soft. She had huge hazel eyes that were ringed in smoky black eyeliner and mascara. She was taller than Shelly even in pink flats. "She's got the boobs and butt...that's for sure," she winced. "So this is the type that Gavril likes," she sighed. She should have known. Gavril was handsome. He was into school sports by the looks of things and also, being the Pack Leader's Son, would have some...person of the other sex interested in him and vis versa. She shook her head to watch what happened, forcing the ridiculous hurt she felt away. She had to focus on figuring out how this memory fit in with everything else.

"Father," Gavril's face blanked and he yanked his hand out of the girl's hands that held on to his tightly.

"Son," Heaton's voice sounded like he was barely holding back his rage. He never got up from his perch. The girl flashed Heaton one of those million-dollar smiles, her pearly whites on full display. "Pack Leader Chrys! Well...I'm sorry for our...intrusion," she glanced up at Gavril and back at Heaton. Both ignored her. "You still haven't learned how to kiss properly," Heaton said again blandly to get more of a rise out of his son. "You know nothing about how to kiss someone. You're always too busy for Mother," Gavril sneered. Shelly's mouth dropped at the venom Gavril's whole being had toward Heaton. Heaton's demeanor never changed. "You know nothing and assume too much. A high schooler, sneaking around when the parents are supposedly not home is such a boy thing to do," he spared a glance at the girl, who flushed in the cheeks. Gavril stepped in front of her, blocking her from his Father's view. "Don't look at Gina like that!" he snarled.