Chapter 21

Gavril took us to my homeroom and hung out with me. Well. Kinda. He tried to. Many students swarmed him and tried to talk to him about anything under the sun. He introduced me but other than a hi from a few around us, that was it before their attention snapped back to I'm-getting-Gavril's-attention-and-all-his-time-not-you! I pulled out my notebook and had it on a page where I could doodle. People eyed his right hand holding my left one but no one voiced anything. Girls twirled locks of their hair around and around their fingers so much, I wondered if it would be ripped off like a wig or something. Many guys in letterman jackets were also here too. It was odd because I could have sworn it was too sweltering hot to wear jackets. I deduced it to be some sort of way for guys to show others what group they belonged to in this place--not because it got cold in the classrooms after the AC kicked up.

Awkwardly, I tugged out the map the main office had given me a while back and grabbed a highlighter too--it was hard when he wouldn't let go to let me use both hands. I studied the map as they all jabbered. I'll be here to take you to your classes.

I still would like to know the set up of everything and how to get around. Don't want to walk into the wrong room for any reason. I marked another pink dot on another classroom I had a class in. The desks were one person seats with a small piece of wood attached to the chair horizontally by metal rods on one side. So, to get in, we have had to squat and scoot. To get out, we have had to scoot, un-squat and then stood up.

Don't think of venturing off without me. I will carry you around like a sack of potatoes. Gavril warned with a bit of a chuckle.

Hmm...then you wouldn't mind a few bum shocks. I smirked as I made another pink dot. Gavril squeezed my hand, growling in my mind. The warning bell went off. I felt a peck on my cheek. "See you next class," he murmured in my ear. I stifled a shiver up my spine and smiled at him, nodding my head. I'll introduce you to the guys during lunch. He gave a wink.

Kay. Laters! As soon as he released my hand, I felt a sense of loss of his warm and steady presence. I gulped at the sudden emptiness and watched as he walked out with a crowd around him. There were still people who stood around me. Some with their arms crossed and others looked me up and down with their upper lip curled. "Well I don't know about you, but if you wanted to follow him, you shouldn't be standing around me," I said in a monotoned voice.

"You think you're something just because he held your hand?" a girl with a northern accent said. She looked down her pointy nose at me. Her red curly hair styled and shiny, grey eyes shot daggers as she sneered. She wore a t-shirt that looked like it was a child's size with a very very short skirt that I hoped she didn't flash her crotch at me as she stood there in her high heels. Eck! That would be so gross! "And what is this something supposed to be?" I yawned in her face. She fumbled for a word but just glanced around for back up. "You're just a clingy human. Need to be held by the hand like a baby," another girl said. This one wore an olive colored jean skirt and a pink peasant blouse. She had a nose ring and raven black hair that tumbled down her back. Her face reminded me of crows because her nose was a bit hooked on the end and her face was really angular. "What ever floats your boats. I'm going back to looking at this map now. If you have anything else to say, say it now or I'll just be ignoring you," I glanced around. Most of the girls left and some guys did. The few that didn't leave immediately, said a few choice words before they went. Gold digger. Bitch. Blah blah blah. I just gave another huge yawn and lowered my head to look over the map.

Not long afterwards, everyone filled all the seats and the second bell rang. A man in trousers and a white dress shirt with the sleeves rolled up came bustling in. He had curly brown hair and dark colored eyes. He was too far away to see the color of his eyes clearly. Some tattoo peeked out of his collar and that had gotten me curious. Overall, he was cute. I bet some students have developed crushes on him. I was more curious about that tattoo. I never had a teacher with a tattoo before, except for a skinny guy back in middle school that had a spongebob one on his forearm--he was only a substitute though.