Chapter 22

A/N: Hello everyone! I know it has been a LONG while. Life situations and reality kicks and such have made it almost impossible for me to be in the right mindset to keep writing so I had to take a while to regroup, rethink, and relax. I suppose this is kind of a bland excuse but honestly, I didn't want to write these stories with all the darkness/sadness around. I feared it would bleed into my works and then, where will I be? So, now that things are a bit more back to normal, I don't have that fear of messing up these lovely creations yay!

For the rest of the class period, Lana left me alone. I think she found out what happened because her face blanched as she scooted away from me. I also noticed she sat on the edge of her seat. I don't think it was possible for her or anyone to know it was me who also made some girls jump and do the wiggle-shock dance. She would still try to flirt with Gavril and Petra but nothing came of it, and she stopped trying. 

Petra started questioning me about living with humans. In return, I asked him about being a gargoyle. It got to the point that Professor Rachet came by and asked us to show her some of the drafts or work we've accomplished. Thankfully, I had some and only felt slightly guilty for getting off topic. I have never had  a conversation that was not about school work when talking to classmates. Even while in group projects, the others would talk amongst themselves about parties or gossip, but when directing talk to me--it was always about school stuff. It was a bit disconcerting and embarrassing that Petra's the official first person that I've talked about random things besides Gavril. Then again, what chances were there when the academia bullies at the public school had spread rumors and told everyone that I was born with an STD? People believed it though. So I didn't really have friend friends like my Ma believed.

By the end of class, I had the beginning paragraph done; the middle portion set up, and the ending semi outlined. This essay was not due till two days later. I'll be able to get this done tonight and not worry about it. The best part came when we were packing our things. 

Petra was an avid Spock fan! As soon as we got up to be ready to leave, he surprised me with, "Live long and prosper." We completely went off from that point on till the bell rang. He promised to bring me some of his DVDs of the previous Star Trek movies and the most recent ones, since I have been too afraid to see them--afraid that they would ruin my experience with the franchise. You can't tell with these movies if they would ruin your love for a television show! Gavril had literally yanked me out, with my bag and his over his shoulder. "Maybe we could have a Star Trek Night! We'll talk later! See ya!" Petra yelled. 

"Sure! Definitely will! Laters! It was nice to meet yo--Gavril!" I called as Gavril gave a hard tug, making me collide into him. "Oof!" I collided and bounced off his chest. "What was that for? I was already following you."

"You're not to have a night with Petra," he growled.

"Wha?" I questioned, askance. 

"You. Are not. To be. Alone. With. Petra," he growled again, narrowing his gaze at me as we walked before looking back ahead of us. I blinked. Blinked again. Brain reboot in process. Brain rewinds the conversation. Oooh. "You can join us if you want. I..." I glanced to the floor. This was so embarrassing! "Besides you...I've never had a friend over for something like a movie night." I snapped my eyes around and remembered that the students here had keener hearing. I don't...err...I'm not interested in Petra that way. You-know-what-I-mean. Petra doesn't seem like he thought of it any differently, not that I'm a guy and know how guys think--besides you of course because of the link. Haahaa! I started to ramble. I never ramble like this. Gah! Gavril finally took pity on me and flicked me on the forehead. "Why are you so awkward today, Little One?" he gave a lop sided smile. My brain rebooted once more, and I heaved a sigh, shrugging. "Guess I act different amongst peers in a school setting," I glanced around the hallway. In a mall setting, I didn't run into the same person on multiple occasions like I would here. Plus, there was more "space" to walk around unlike these hallways.