Chapter 4

Mom woke us up early the next morning. At least, for me, before 8AM was early. Ma thought that we should get their before the mall opened since it was a Saturday. Casper made a protesting meow and ducked back into his cat tree. I stumbled into the bathroom to take a quick shower. My dark brown hair was in knots from not being brushed for a few days-oops! I dried it with my towel as much as possible before just letting it air dry. I rubbed the sleep from my eyes as I brushed my teeth. My eyes were a little red around my bluish purple irises from going to sleep so late. Gypsies always had a hint of purple in their eyes, the only physical feature that made us paranormal. Mom's purple was a light tinge on the outer edges of her irises, while mine ringed the pupil and blended into the blue. I spit the toothpaste out and walked back into my room. I picked out the green shorts and paired it with a black t-shirt with Tweety Bird wearing glasses and the words NERDY AS I WANNA BE on the front. Hee! Good lore! You're up to something, Casper's thoughts came through. I laughed, grabbing my cell and wallet, "I have no idea what you're talking about. And it's lord not lore."

Whatev. I hope that Life Mate knows what he's getting in to. I laughed all the way downstairs. "You...Okay, Honey?" she looked at me strangely. I could only nod my head. I grabbed an apple off the table on the kitchen island and rushed toward the door where Mom was waiting. I hopped up and down from one foot to the other, getting my sneakers on. Mom rattled down the list of things we needed for the house: more towels, bed covers, blankets, DVDs (sweeeet!), wash cloths, coffee maker, coffee capsules, napkins, paper towels, etc etc. "Don't forget your clothes, Ma."

"Oh, that's a given. I would be pushing it if I said I don't need those. Ergh...I need to find dresses too and some business casuals," she glanced my way.

"I don't like that look so keep that to yourself," I gave her a beaming smile, making her shake her head. The town was slowly waking up. Store owners were coming out and setting up their shop's items. As soon as we hit the parking lot of Chrys Mall though, we still couldn't park closer to the building. There was a crowd already outside, waiting for the doors to open. Some were dressed in workout clothes like the ones that come early to exercise around the mall. I suppose there was also a gym since some carried bags. We got out and walked over towards the doors. Conversations ceased and many looked over at us. Awkward~! Many started whispering to each other and some even started snickering. I felt my eyebrow twitch. Ohhh~ they wanna have something to-ZAP!

I yelped. "Sweety, you are going to behave and help Mom get the things we need, right?" she smiled down at me. I smiled widely while nodding my head. "Good! Now lets stand over here to wait for the doors to open. I have some emails to take care of on my cell, perhaps you want to text your friends about the change in plans?" I nodded my head and pulled mine out. I didn't have any close friends. Just classmates. As soon as I turned it on, it was what I expected-as soon as school was out, no one texted me anymore. I just typed for Angry Birds to kick some pig butt. However, I was stuck on the same level and didn't seem to be able to get past the last bruised up pig. Try a little higher than last time. Then tap the bird to make it split when its a bit lower than you've been trying. I started at Gavril's voice. Can you SEE what I'm seeing?!

No, not normally. You're just concentrating so hard I'm able to see glimpses of it. Try it. It'll work. I blinked and tried what he said. IT WORKED!!! Wow thank you!!!

My pleasure, Shelly. Oooh I like how he says my name. A slight accent of sort in his-oh shizzz!

You like me-

STOP THAT THOUGHT!!!! I was blushing madly. I can feel his smug male pride wafting through our link. Argh! I'm mad at you right now. I shake my head and tried to make at least a wobbly barrier and go back to the game. He just chuckled and let me be. People were still whispering and pointing-rude! "Hey, her face is all red. What is she doing?"

"You mean what is she watching!" Loud laughter filtered through the air. Since Gavril already poked the bear...ZIIIP!

"AH!! Ow!!" a chorus of pain went up. Ahh~ music to my ears! Mom sent me a look but I just blinked my doe-eyes at her. Her lips twitched before shaking her head and going back to her cell. Score! The doors opened and everyone swarmed in. "Mom, the mall's open." We filed in with the rest. We decided to first get our kitchen stuff then bedding then our clothes. We went to the KitchenAid store and started wandering around. "Okay I've made a list for you. We won't get this done if we're stuck right next to each other. You still have the credit card?" I dug around and pulled my wallet out, seeing the credit card. "Yeah, still have it."

"Keep all receipts. Buy the stuff on the list. Once done, we text each other and meet up somewhere, 'kay?"

"What if hocus pocus happens?"

"I'm pretty sure you won't have any hocus pocus happening anytime soon, particularly here in the mall." I shrugged, looked at my list and wandered off. I found the spatula, oven mitts, cans of non-stick spray, and dark and light baking pans. I should've gotten a cart or something. "May I help you?" I turned and saw a guy employee, eyeing my load. "If you like, I can take those and put them safely near the counter so you can shop more," he gave me a tight smile. I looked him over, seeing his name tag: Mike. He had long blonde hair tied away from his face and a ear ring in his right ear lobe. He was possibly five-eight. "I'm not stealing this if that's what you're worried about," I gave him a blank stare. He started and stood up straighter. "I wasn't implying that. I was told-er-to make sure our customers are well taken care of," he paled.

"Oh. My bad. Then yes, I will be buying these but need more stuff," I handed the things over and kept looking. Every so often, Mike would come back and take the few things I've found away. I finally finished my kitchen list and sent a text to Mom. She replied with another list for things for bed spreads, covers, pillow cases, pillows, etc. I went to the counter and told Mike to ring it up. I handed over the credit card and signed the receipt. "Your things will be wrapped and sent in boxes to your home. Should be there by late afternoon," Mike said.

"Uh, thanks. Is the cost of shipping in the receipt?" I asked, because I didn't see it.

"No! No, this service is given to our outstanding customers," he said hastily. I raised an eyebrow at him because I've only shopped here today. I guess its because I bought a lot of stuff. I thanked him again and left in search for furniture stores. Strangely, the same thing happened again. The employees would come over and then help whisk away my load. At check out, they would do the same-send it to my home. Yesterday, when I bought all that stuff, no one did this. Did I not buy enough to reach the amount for this service? The employees were also extremely polite. They didn't duck away or whisper to each other looking at me. So weird. I texted Mom that I was done with this and then she sent me a text to go to the food court and will meet me there. I went up escalators and got distracted on the floor with all the pets and pet training stores. Awww they're so cute!!! A few puppies in training class came over near the window and starting yapping. All their thoughts projections were jumbles of colors, senses and images. I grinned and left them be, else they were going to get in trouble.

The food court had their own floor. It was teeming with people. Glancing at the names, there were a few restaurants with questionable menu options. Then again, you are servicing the paranormals. Mom wasn't here yet so I walked around taking samples of teriyaki chicken to ultra deeeelicious spaghetti. I decided to buy mine's first since I was hooked on the spaghetti. I got in line for the restaurant, Un Pezzo di Casa, which was fairly long but the sample I got was worth it.