Chapter Six

⚠️❗️Attempted Sexual Assault❗️⚠️

          Later that night I was in bed with DaeJun. I had changed into pajama shorts and a graphic tee that was oversized. My hair was now in a ponytail and I was just playing games on my phone. I hadn't bothered with taking off my makeup either since I didn't feel like actually sleeping yet.

      "Go get me snacks from the convenience store." DaeJun demanded as he played games on his phone. I rolled my eyes as I got up and grabbed a jacket. It was nearly midnight but DaeJun clearly didn't care about that fact. Or the fact I have school tomorrow in the morning as well.

       "Okay, I'll be back in a bit." I said as I grabbed my wallet and phone. I'm not gonna argue with him, I don't wanna go but I also don't wanna get hurt either. So I'll do whatever I can to keep him satisfied to prevent that from happening.

       Once I get to an ally in the desolate streets I become more aware of the fact I had forgotten my pocket knife at home. Silently cursing myself I take a deep breath and decide to just walk by quickly. Dumb move, I know, because I'm immediately pulled into the ally by a rough grip. Looking up there's a drunken man staring down at me. His face is flushed and his casual jeans and shirt are slightly messed up.

      "Hey sexy." He slurs out, hiccuping after. I grimace at the stench of alcohol coming from his breath as he speaks.

       "Let me go." I simply state. My face was void of emotion in that moment. The guy however ignored me as he began trying to kiss my neck and feel me up. I shoved against his chest, struggling to push him away. Finally I stomp on his foot. As he instinctively goes to grab it I knee him between the legs. Once he goes down and I immediately take off running.

      While running I bumped into someone. I had been looking behind me for the drunk man. Panicking slightly I look towards the person. A black haired male with snake bite piercings, multiple ear piercings on both ears, and his t-shirt showed he has a tattoo on the under side his upper arm and half sleeves on his forearms. His features are Fox like, he seems sly and sneaky in a way that reminds me of the Cheshire Cat.

      "Whoa, are you okay?" He asks, looking behind you to see why me were panicking. He saw a man a limp running towards you two and immediately steps in front of you. He glared at the male as he reached you, his stance obviously defensive while the drunk was being aggressive.

      "Move, that bitch hit me!" He slurred out. I winced at the name and gripped the shirt of the male in front of me as I shrunk behind his back.

      "Leave before I make you regret laying eyes on her." The male spat. He sounded so cold compared to his worried tone previously while speaking to me. The drunk decided I wasn't worth it apparently as he stumbled away grumbling about how I injured him.

       "Why're you out this late? It's dangerous." The male who now is looking down at me says. I sheepishly rub my arm.

     "I was getting some snacks when he attacked me. Thank you for helping me." I softly said, slightly embarrassed about the whole thing. The male sighed and gently grabbed your hand. He pulled me towards the direction of the convenience store. While walking his phone rang. He pulled it out and briefly looked towards me before answering it.

     "Hey. Yeah, I'll be there in a minute. Something came up, you can start without me. Yeah, see you soon Hwa." He said before hanging up. I couldn't hear the other person well but the sound of their voice sounded slightly familiar.

     Once we reached the store I went and got DaeJun's favorite chips, candy, and a drink. After paying I went back outside where the male was waiting for me. I felt bad when I realized I didn't know his name go thank him more intimately. Once we began walking back towards my apartment I decided to ask him.

      "Hey, I know it's random, but uh, what's your name?" I asked. He looked down at me and smiled lightly. Even his grin was reminiscent of a Cheshire grin.

      "I'm HongJoong. What's your name?" He asked. You nodded to yourself.

     "I'm Ren. It's nice to meet you. Thank you again for helping me, HongJoong." I thanked him once again. He smiled and gave my hand a slight squeeze in response. I felt happier and safer with him next to me.

      Once we arrive at my apartment building HongJoong waits until I make it inside after bidding him goodbye before he walks off. I did wonder why he was there at this time of night but also knew it wasn't my business. So I didn't ask. Arriving at my apartment I walk in. DaeJun looked pissed when he saw me. I immediately knew I wouldn't make it through tonight without a few more bruises the second he gripped my hair and began yelling in my face.

•~*~•

     Waking up the next morning alone felt relaxing. I got up and dressed in a pair of baggy cream sweatpants and a baggy long sleeve. I do winged eyeliner, mascara, and some lip gloss before brushing out my hair. Nodding to myself I threw on a pair of sneakers and grabbed my backpack.

     Texting Jongho a good morning I then leave the apartment and start my way to school. I was excited to see my only friend I've made in years, especially after the night I had with DaeJun. So meeting Jongho after school to work together again was exciting. It's not something I had ever really done before. It just strangely felt like today would be a good day after all.