Choice

Jirobo yelled in disbelief as the boy effortlessly blocked his attack and ignored him. He swung another fist, but the boy and Choji disappeared without a trace.

Jirobo frantically searched for them, and finally spotted the boy sitting Choji up against a tree. Jirobo scoffed at the boy's cocky behavior and insulted him.

The boy drew his black-hilted sword, and Jirobo felt his anger rise as the boy pointed the dark purple blade at him. The boy's blue eyes turned cold and red with killing intent.

"You've hurt my friend," the boy spoke, charging his blade with lightning chakra. "Now, you will pay."

-.-

Kiba sniffs the air and exclaims,"*Sniff* We're getting close!"

Neji activates his Byakugan and observes their surroundings, noting the absence of traps. "How odd. There hasn't been a single trap so far," he remarks. "Shikamaru, what do you think?" he asks.

Shikamaru responds, "We're just being underestimated. They're probably assuming that Jirobo is the only one following us. No one would set traps against their own comrades."

Neji agrees, "That must be an accurate analysis. Certainly, we're being totally underestimated. But... this gives us a chance."

Shikamaru nods in agreement, "Yeah... let's take advantage of their vulnerability."

-.-

Tayuya, Sakon, and Kidomaru could be seen leaping through the trees with Kidomaru carrying a wooden basket on his back.

"Jirobo is late," Sakon remarks.

Kidomaru interjects, "No, he's already here."

Suddenly, "Jirobo" materializes behind them. "What took you so long?" Sakon inquires.

"Sorry... It took some time to extract the chakra from those bastards," Jirobo replies.

Tayuya scolds him, "You're so slow, you fatso! Hurry up and carry that coffin; that's your job, you inferior idiot!!" she yells.

Jirobo responds with a lackluster "Yeah..." as Tayuya and the others give him a questioning look.

Kidomaru turned to face Jirobo's imposter with a suspicious expression. "Hey, Jirobo," he said, eyeing him warily.

Jirobo answered, "What?"

Kidomaru continued, "I can't let you carry this coffin. Since you're not really Jirobo!" he exclaimed, causing the imposter to panic and draw his kunai.

"Let me handle it this time!" Kidomaru shouted as he tossed the wooden basket back to Tayuya and engaged in combat with the fake Jirobo.

"Jirobo always reminds Tayuya about her choice of words," Kidomaru explained, as the imposter was revealed to be Shikamaru.

"I see," Shikamaru replied with a smirk.

Kidomaru then used his technique, "Ninja law: Spider Chain!!" He spat webs from his mouth, which bound Shikamaru to a tree.

In a sudden turn of events, six identical copies of Naruto appeared and lunged at Kidomaru. Reacting quickly, Kidomaru dropped from the branch he was standing on.