Fiancé

-The next day-

The genins and their sensei were all summoned into the office of the hokage, some were in awe, some were confused, while others were uninterested. Their new hokage, one of the legendary sannin also known as the legendary sucker (in gambling) Tsunade Senju. She sat at her desk looking onto a document and glancing up at the crowd then back to the paper. Someone spoke up and asked the question on everyone's minds.

"Hokage-sama, for what reason were we summoned?" Tenya asked with a confused expression, the blonde woman sighed and took a deep breath then spoke.

"I have called you all here because I have an important news to share." They all perked their ears up to hear, she looked to the crowd and then continued.

"The councils of konoha and the sand both agreed to a political marriage contract. They seem to want to forge a stronger bond between both villages. Two people have been assigned to marry, one is a young lady from the sand and the other is one of you in this room." She said shocking the people present in the room, they all looked around wandering who it could be.

"They're seriously going with that old act?" Kakashi asked, closing his book.

"Yes, apparently the council decided on it before I was appointed hokage." She stated.

"So who are getting married?" Kiba asked petting his dog, Akamaru.

"The person from the sand is someone you are likely familiar with I believe, her name is Temari." She answered.

"Then that means its not one of the adults." Shikamaru deduced.

"Correct." She nodded and said."The one who is getting married is Menma Uzumaki. This will be announced to the village later." She finished. The room fell silent for a while as they turn to look to Menma who was leaning against the wall and back to the hokage to confirm it wasn't a mistake, she nodded then the crowd erupted with a loud.

"EHHHH!!????" Everyone exclaimed.(except Naruto, Menma and Tsunade)

Tsunade managed to calm them down after a while then told them." Everyone except Menma and Kakashi will help with the construction of the house for the new couple."

Some of them were not pleased with having to build a house instead of training.

"She will be arriving in a few days, so please finish the apartment before then. Now you are dismissed."

They all filed out of the room, some of them wanted to ask questions but they decided to wait until later. Kakashi took Menma under his care for the few days until his fiance arrived and taught him etiquette and what not. The boy spent the rest of his days studying, and when he finished he wasbored out of his mind.

-A few days later-

Temari and her brothers looked ahead and saw the gates of konoha. Still unaware of who she would be paired with, this irritated her immensely. She was forced to study about various important figures, the different clans and she had to stop training for a while. Her brother, Gaara gave his approval but still refused to inform her of who she would marry.

When she got closer she saw The Hokage,Tenji,Tenya,Yuko Naruto, Kakashi, Shizune and Menma who stood beside his brother.

Menma stepped forward and bowed as he said."I greet you and I wish you welcome and safety." He internally cringed at his words while his inhabitant could only laugh.

Temari seemed taken aback by the formal greeting then replied. "I am thankful for the hospitality and the honour."

Menma looked up, locking eyes with the girl. He noticed that was studying him. Gaara then stepped forward, now face to face with the spiky haired boy he stared deep into his blue eyes, sporting a neutral expression without any hint of bloodlust.