Assemble

As the early morning sun ascends over the horizon and illuminates the village hidden in the leaves, Izumo and Kotetsu are on their way to the gates of konoha and stumble upon Sakura lying unconscious on a bench.

Kotetsu gently shook Sakura awake and expressed concern for her health, "Wake up, Sakura. You don't want to catch a cold sleeping out here."

Izumo questioned whether Sakura had spent the entire night sleeping there, to which Kotetsu replied that they couldn't leave her alone like that. Just as they were discussing this, Sakura suddenly jolted awake and yelled, "SASUKE!" The two ninja turned their attention to her and asked if she was okay and why she was sleeping outside.

Kotetsu inquired about Sakura's well-being and why she was outside instead of at home. However, Sakura seemed preoccupied with stopping someone from leaving the village, which prompted the two ninja to ask who it was.

Sakura looked worried as she said, "We need to stop him before he leaves the village." Kotetsu raised an eyebrow and asked, "Stop who?"

"Sasuke," Sakura replied. Izumo inquired if she meant the Uchiha kid, but before he could get an answer, Kotetsu interrupted and asked, "What do you mean by 'before he leaves the village'?"

Sakura's saddened expression revealed that he desires to join Orochimaru, causing the two jonin to feel alarmed. They double-checked the information and exchanged glances before confirming it.

"Thank you for informing us. Please go home and rest. We will report this to the Hokage," Kotetsu said with a reassuring smile for the concerned Sakura, who then got up to leave. Izumo comforted her by saying that they would locate him and bring him back before using Shunshin to head to the Hokage's office.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_--_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_--_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

As the morning sun cast its rays on the Nara residence, Shikaku was having breakfast at the table while his son, Shikamaru, let out a tired yawn and listened to his wife's scolding. Suddenly, the doorbell rang, prompting Yoshino to go and check who it was.

"Dad," Shikamaru whispered, "why did you ever choose to marry such a strict woman?"

Shikaku took a moment to think before answering, "Well, your mom also has her moments of happiness and cheerfulness, maybe that's why."

"That's all?" Shikamaru replied, clearly not satisfied with the response.

Just then, Yoshino returned to the room and informed them that messengers from the fifth had come to speak with Shikamaru.

"What could the fifth want with me?" Shikamaru wondered as he got up and put on his chunin vest.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_--_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_--_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Shikamaru stood before Tsunade's desk in the Hokage office while she delivered the news with a solemn expression, "Sasuke has left the village, and it's highly probable that he's en route to the Sound Village."

Shikamaru's concern was evident, and he questioned, "What made him leave?"

Tsunade leaned forward, resting her elbows on the desk and interlacing her fingers as she raised them to her face. "Orochimaru influenced him to go," she replied solemnly.