Blending in

-The next day-

Golden light filtered through the white curtains of the room, it's natural luminance bringing a soft glow to the squared interior.

It's only inhabitant, Temari, was still soundly asleep before her eyes slowly creaked open to the sight of an unfamiliar roof. Squinting, she glanced around, 'Where...am I?' she thought, before spiky tufts of black hair flashed through her mind; jolting her memory as she muttered with a sigh, "Oh... Right."

She looked at the clock and sighed once more as she got up and donned a white robe before heading to the bathroom, taking notice of Menma's slightly ajar door.

Walking by, she took a peeked inside to see Menma meditating and circulating his chakra. She let out a breath she didn't know she was holding and turned went to the bathroom, hoping he wouldn't just walk in while she was in there.

She did her usual morning routines and took a nice hot shower. She liked that this village had alot of water so she could take a bath anytime she wanted, recalling how she used to always take a shower every chance she got during the chunin exams.

She loved how the water was hot since in the Sand it was kept cold to regulate their body temperature, but here she could enjoy the heated water, it was one of the few pleasures she liked about her new life. She took her time and when she was finished she walked out and saw Menma was leaning on the wall outside the door with eyes closed and arms crossed.

"I'm finished, you can enter now." She said gesturing to the bathroom, he opened his eyes and noticed that she was only in a robe, shifting his gaze upwards he noticed her blonde hair wasn't in its usual pigtails. He stared at her for a moment as he stood in silence, you can't blame him, this was the closest he had been to a girl who wore so little clothing.

He knew that he shouldn't but he wondered if she was in underwear or not, he started to form a slight blush at the thought. Temari noticed how he was looking at her, she had seen boys give her the same look, that is, until they found out about her family. Her cheeks had a slight red tint as she shifted a bit, feeling a little exposed wearing just her robe.

Realizing he was staring for a minute too long he quickly slipped into the bathroom and closed the door, he entered the shower and thought.

'What was that feeling just now?'

'You like her.'

'Well, yeah, she is pretty and I did have a thing for her, but it was just mild interest nothing much.'

'That's in the past, kit and you will be going through this alot more in the future.'

'That's true.'

He finished up his shower and got dressed, he went downstairs to see breakfast had already been set out, there was an awkward silence between the two.

When they finished they went to the Hokage's office where their team and her brother were waiting. Both of them stood infront of Tsunade's desk, she seemed to want to get the ceremony over with since she had alot of paperwork to do, she cleared her throat and spoke.

"Temari, do you accept your role as a Leaf Ninja, will you give your life for the mission and for the safety of the village? Do you swear by the Will Of Fire, your allegiance to us for the rest of your life?" She said in a serious tone.

Temari knew that what she decides on right this moment will decide the fate of her village, if she refused it would cause alot of trouble for her village, if she accepted it would mean that if she went back on her word she would be hunted down and killed. Though she didn't have much of an option.