The beginning

12 Years Later

As Menma opened his eyes, he let out a contented hum and stretched his limbs, his stomach growling in hunger. Peering to his right, he spoke, "Hey Naruto, wake up."

"Mggguhhh..." The blonde only turned to face the other side, still deep in sleep.

Now, you might be wondering what's been going on. Let me fill you in. I'm Menma Uzumaki, and I was sent to this world by an mysterious being with the weighty task of saving it from impending doom. Though I have yet to receive the knowledge and memories I was promised, I still fully intend to accomplish my mission.

"Hey, get up," He said, shaking the blonde lightly.

But Naruto merely groaned, "Gimme five more minutes... Snore" He replied

Menma let out a sigh, resigned to his companion's sluggishness

Meet Naruto, my twin brother and perpetual sleepy head. He's usually known for being a loud mouth, running around, and shouting his catchphrases like "Believe it!" and "Datte-bayo!" - typical Naruto behavior. His dream is to become the Hokage and bring positive change to this corrupt village.

We share identical features, including deep blue eyes and whiskers on our cheeks. The only distinguishing factor is our hair color - mine is black, while Naruto's is blonde. Interestingly, this wasn't always the case. At birth, our father sealed the nine-tailed fox within us, with me receiving the yin half and Naruto the yang half. As a result, chakra seeped through my seal, causing my hair to change from blonde to black.

A/n: Here's A pic of Menma and naruto.

During the sealing process, both our parents died to save us and this village

During the sealing process, both our parents died to save us and this village. But despite that, the villagers treated us as if we had committed a crime. We're often receive contemptuous glares and sometimes even outright hatred. Although it was unfair, we had no choice but to endure it.

At the age of four, we were kicked out of the orphanage and forced to take up residence in an abandoned apartment building. To avoid the villagers' violence, we had to hide at night. Life was difficult, but we managed to survive by searching for mushrooms and other edibles in the nearby forest. It wasn't until we met Teuchi that things started to look up for us.

Unlike the rest of the villagers, Teuchi showed us kindness and helped us in any way he could. He welcomed us into his ramen shop, where he would serve us a bowl of ramen whenever we visited. We were grateful to have found someone like him in such a hostile environment.

Naruto and I have been training our bodies and significantly improved our physical fitness and accuracy with weapons. Currently, we are trying to get a better hang of our chakra control. But for some reason, Naruto's chakra control doesn't seem to be getting any better. Everytime he tries to stand on water, he just drops right in.