A losing Battle

*Creak**Creak*

*Kathud*(x2)

"It can't be..." An anbu outside the barrier thought aloud as he gazed upon two figures.

The sound of creaking and thudding caught the attention of an anbu outside the barrier, prompting him to utter, "This can't be happening." His gaze fell upon two individuals, one wearing a dark blue jumpsuit with crimson armor and gauntlets, leg wraps, and black sandals. He had a tanned complexion, dark eyes, waist-length black hair styled in a centre-parted fringe, and a large white scroll on his back.

The other man wore a dark blue jumpsuit with blue armor, pale purple arm guards, a white fur scarf, leg wraps, and black sandals. His face, like the first man, was marked with cracks, and he had silver, shaggy hair, dark eyes (depicted as red in the anime), and three red markings on his face under each eye and on his chin.

Stepping out of their respective coffins, the two figures exchanged words.

"Monkey, it's been a while," Said the shaggy-haired man, his face expressionless as he stared ahead.

"Ah, it's you. You've grown," Spoke the other, wearing the same emotionless expression.

Hiruzen's face took on a somber grace as he replied, "It's really unfortunate to meet you two again in this situation....Shodai-sama, Nidaime-sama."

"Hmm, the forbidden art of summoning us back to life - quite an impressive feat." Glancing to the side, the Nidaime Hokage complimented the Sanin.

"If that's the case, we'll have to fight you, Sarutobi, won't we?" The other commented.

Orochimaru interrupted their conversation, placing two kunai with seals inside the duo's heads, "How about you stop chattering and get started?"

"It seems this world will never change," Shodaime said, shaking his head in disappointment before promptly freezing up as the seals were placed in their skulls. The reanimated Kages twitched violently before falling limp and eerily silent, their eyes absent of life, as if they were dead.

Well, they were- but, you know what I mean.

Hiruzen frowned, his eyes narrowing at his former pupil as he readied himself for a fight, "Making the dead your plaything is despicable. Nothing good will come out of meddling with their souls."

.
.
.
.

As they chased after their friend, Naruto recounted the events and commented, "So that's how it went down. Sasuke is just too ambitious!"

Shikamaru, in his usual lackadaisical manner, questioned his involvement in the mission, asking "Why am I even a part of this?"

Sakura, with her pink hair flowing behind her, explained that they had no choice as it was Kakashi-sensei's directive.

With a deep sigh, Shikamaru muttered to himself, "What a drag."

Pakkun sniffed and signaled, "This way!" As he quickly veered right and leaped onto the branches above. He soon detected several chakra signals that were rapidly approaching their position. "Hurry up! We're being trailed!" He exclaimed with concern.